“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Louisville, Kentucky
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was there last summer ( Wring my review late I know, but better late than never!) and it was the best hotel we stayed in all of CA. And also the cheapest! The rooms were simple and elegant. The staff was friendly and helpful. It had a beautiful charm to it. The number one thing that won us over: the kids pool that was next to the big pool. My toddler LOVED it.

My family and I talk about going back to CA just so we can stay at the Capri again! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

For a MOTEL (not a HOTEL), it's above average and if you're used to staying in motels, I would stay at this one because it's **CLEAN**. If you're used to staying at HOTELS, do some research in the surrounding area - maybe even elect to do a B&B. Don't be fooled by this MOTEL having HOTEL prices.

When we pulled up later in the evening to check in, I immediately thought I made a mistake. The curb appeal in the evenings looks like it's straight from 70's and 80's with pink, purple, green, and blue spot lights all over the place. I half expected to hear disco music in the warm night air as I stepped out of the car.

The interior of the lobby and rooms were decorated more modern - but pretty funky maybe even borderline corny. I would even say some of the art work was scary! The girl at the front desk was okay with customer service - above average for a motel.

The biggest positive is how clean everything was. The lobby, walk ways, and room was clean. The room had hardwood floors that were clean but slippery. Modern furniture, nice big TV (we couldn't find the right input for cable so we just watched a movie - they have a big movie selection at the front desk that are complimentary), and some nice soaps in the bathroom.

Would I go back? Hmm that's a tough one. Maybe next time I'll explore the area a little more first and save this as a back-up plan.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StatTravelers
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I love The Capri. It is a small, charming (very well) converted motel with cool charm in a good location. My dog and I (and two friends) had such a nice stay that we made reservations for the following weekend. The rooms are cool, clean and full of amenities. Lower rooms are super dog-friendly! They have spacious decks that lead out to a backyard-y like space with grass and trees for kids and dogs to play in. The pool is perfectly fine - it's a small hotel so there are plenty of places to lounge in or out of the sun - and the guests I met there were all lovely. They ALSO have a wonderful massage space and the resident masseuse is wonderful. This might be the best place to have a really nice Ojai weekend and not break the bank.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christy M
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Our stay at the Capri Hotel was nice. The grounds are nice and the rooms are nice looking, however, I found it a little on the dirty side. The bed sheets had stains on it and it just didn't seem as clean as I would like it to be. The bathroom toilet was dirty, which I ended up cleaning. The people were nice. I'm just picky about cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 24SNB
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Our stay at the Capri in Ojai last week was beyond our expectations. Christopher and Desiree were very kind and helpful. Both of our adjoining rooms were ready when we arrived. They were very clean and comfortable, featuring large flat screen televisions and down comforters for the large mattresses. Each room included a private patio area, which opened out in the beautifully landscaped garden aren in back. Beyond that was the pool, jacuzzi and wading pool for children. All three were very clean and refreshing for a summertime swim. The patio deck even had two large cabanas for privacy and shade. I will definately being taking my family back to the Capri when we return to Ojai!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank buzzee1
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I work in the travel industry and have stayed at all types of properties and The Capri is a great value and the perfect get-away spot! Very charming & cool decor with really comfortable beds and within walking distance of restaurants & shops. Another plus, is that they are VERY pet-friendly and the staff are extremely cool & helpful. Worth every penny!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Damaritz S
Glendale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Just spent fathers day weekend here with my husband. We stayed upstairs with a nice view of the pool and lawn. We loved the mid-century building with all the beauitiful flagstone on the ground. Very retro and cool! If you like Silverlake, CA. & hate fox news you will love this place! A added bonus was the manger Christopher was outstanding!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hanson6260
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
Casa Ojai Inn
Oakridge Inn
#1 of 1 in Oak View
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Ventura
Ojai Valley Inn & Spa

Been to The Capri? Share your experiences!