The Capri
$379
OjaiResort.com
Casa Ojai Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
$200
$160
Hotels.com
$108
Travelocity
Oakridge Inn(Oak View)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
$61
$103
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$119
$79
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmid centuryrecord playerretro feelpalm springsnice poolbalcony or patiohardwood floorsthe main streetlobbyvibebalconiesmicrowaveredonepropertiescalifornia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We have stayed at the Capri twice and have plans to stay there every time we are in Ojai. We have stayed other places, but the Capri is definitely our fav. We love that it is clean, comfy, quiet with a great pool, great staff, a great price and a great vibe. Not to mention the awesome honor bar.

Everyhing has always been easy and friendly, with any need met right away. I can't say enough about how comfortable and care for we feel there.

Christopher makes it all happen including the special touch of each room having a video collection for particular actors. So far, we have stayed in the room with the Keanu Reeves collection and the one with the Baldwin (Alec, Billy AND Stephen!) collections and look forward to what's next.

We're already making plans for our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The goal: Get away from everything/everyone in LA and go day hiking with the dog on Pine Mountain. Appreciate stars in the sky, warm sun on skin, treat NDD (Nature Deficit Disorder), yet end day with fresh pool, clean shower, warm bed. We accomplished this by staying two nights at the fun, cool, roadside Capri Hotel.
The Capri had everything we needed. Except for the droning of the AC box (didn't bother hubby, but gets me every time) we slept like rocks in the comfortable bed. Private patio was neat but the furniture was a little odd - tall table & short chairs - othewise very cool. We are early risers so "Breakfast starts at 8:00 AM" did not work for us. Bring your own coffee or drive to Ojai Roasting Company down the street. WiFi did not work in our room, but then again we did want to get away from it all.
Enjoy the low stress life Ojai has to offer by staying at the Capri. The folks that run the place are courteous and helpful... suggesting great eateries and addressing concerns calmly. Thanks Capri!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PickyGma
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had one of The King rooms with New Furnishings and a private patio. loved the pool with the cabanas. The rooms were very clean, had a spacious feel and the pool was clean and crystal clear.
The staff was very polite, helpful and genuine to our needs. Thanks to Christopher & staff for making ours a Great visit ! we will Definitely be back soon !!!

casper

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The pictures on the internet are very misleading. I recently went to Ojai for an overnight trip with my mom. For the price of this room I expected it to be clean, up-to-date, and luxiourous. This list will give you an idea of the things that were very disappointing/gross:
The toilet, shower curtian and grout on the bathroom floor was filthy! The paint was chipped and peeling from the floorboards and walls, the pillow cases and comforter were dirty and stained, the room was very dusty, the shower products looked as if they had been around for months and the coffee station was pathetic (the water kettle did not work and the instant coffee provided was enough for maybe one cup of coffee - when I called the front desk for a new kettle, I was told that there are no replacements but I could go to the lobby for hot water -Really?). The lights are on an automatic sensor and turned off half way through my shower and I had to shower in the dark. The freezer was filled with some weird bag of ice, the floors were water damaged, and the hotel was very noisy throught the whole day and night. The bed was as hard as a board and had very crummy sheets that seemed "less than clean". There was a varity of snacks available in the room for a total of $2 per item. At the price of the room I would expect there to be complimentary snacks in the room or lobby, because I surely wouldn't pay $2 for a rice crispy treat!
I booked a Patio Room which would have been really cool, but the chaise lounge was covered with a filthy sheet!
Overall, I would not stay here again. I was extremely disappointed and actually kind of disgusted by this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank JASharman
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Had a chance to get away to Ojai and made a last minute reservation at the Capri Hotel for 2 couples. Our room faced the road and had no patio area, but we did not mind...right outside the front door was the entrance to the pool and hot tub. Great seating area, comfy chairs and lounges.
Rooms were fine, could have used more seating (only one chair and it was a desk chair) but we did not spend lots of time indoors. Got great tips for wonderful places to eat and got to play with the cat in the lobby! Great weekend and we would stay at the Capri again.

Room Tip: Best rooms if you want more outdoors time are the patio rooms; sit & enjoy
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends