“Under-rated Gem in the Ojai Valley”
Review of The Capri

The Capri
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed May 29, 2011

This hotel is one of our favorites in the area. It is perfect if you are looking for simplicity, and comfort with a laid back atmosphere. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. It is great if you are looking for a pet-friendly hotel without any fuss. We have stayed both in the patio room and balcony room, both are great. The balcony rooms seemed to be more quiet from our experience but the patio is a huge plus for pets. Overall, a great experience.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, the patio is a huge plus!

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Didn't really plan on anything other than a room that was just OK. Quite the opposite is what we got. Nice update with some of the old charm still in place. Great customer service, comfy bed & room. We'll be back!

Reviewed May 26, 2011

It was a nice stay, very peaceful and walking distance to downtown Ojai. Fridge in the room is nice and dog friendly! Never got the wifi to work, and the hot tub water was a little dirty. Overall, great experience.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

My Girl and I needed to get a away form LA and relax. We had a great time. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was great! Christopher, the manager, was extremely helpful, answering all our questions and truly, going above and beyond to accommodate us.

We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay - 2 nights. Great location and service. The room we stayed in was recently updated and was very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Great staff. Tremendous views on all sides. California postcard.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

I never write reviews - but I feel ppl need to be given notice on this hotel. First let me say the staff ultimatly was kind - but they were not empowered to deal with problems as they arose (not their fault). In short, I booked a room w a deck for two nights which was some where around $350-375 total. I arrived and the deck was 100% open to to the main stairs which ran along side our patio - no privacy, high traffic and brightly lit. Why would I pay extra for a private deck which is 100% public? I was willing to overlook that and chalk it up to me not asking the right questions - but once I looked around I realize there were dead bugs on the floor of the room and several on the floor of the bathroom. In addition there was hair in the shower, and the bread spread was ripped. I went to call the front desk and realized the phone did not work at all. I talked the the girl at the front desk - but she could not make any changes without consulting the manager or owner who was away. We waited an hour and were moved after 10pm - she said she did not want to wait on him any longer. We drove up from LA after work and were exhausted - not romantic. The next day the moved us again because the room was booked. Another girl at the front desk briefly tried to put us back in the original. She said "you thought it was too loud?" - when I had actually complained about the bugs - which leads me to believe many others complained about the noise. Other notes - the internet was spotty, the queen beds were hard (king was better) and the other guests were boisterous. Dogs are allowed and they mostly barked at each other. So you have children in the pool and barking dogs - restful, right?

In short you are paying market or above market prices for a lesser quality hotel. If I could have left the min I walked in I would have.

Room Tip: away from the stiars!!