“Suzanne's Creative Attitude--AVOID” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suzanne's Cuisine

Suzanne's Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Suzanne's Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bristol
los angeles, ca
“Suzanne's Creative Attitude--AVOID”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband took me to Suzanne's for my birthday dinner--we chose the place based on hotel's recommendation and reviews. Bad mistake. BAD. Either those people who wrote good reviews have never dined in fine restaurants or they were drunk before they got there...I guess we will never know. Anyway, we arrived at Suzanne's by 6:30 and their parking lot was completely full. Ok we thought, I went inside to check in while my husband drove off to look for street parking. I told the person at front desk that there was zero parking in their lot and he did not seem to be at all concerned that patrons would have to drive around looking for a spot. A few minutes later my husband called me and said you could not park your car on the street. Pissed, I asked the man in the front again about the parking situation and he said with the annoyed attitude, "well, he can park on any of the lots adjacent to ours." WHY COULDN'T HE TELL ME THAT WHEN I FIRST ARRIVED AND TOLD HIM ABOUT THE LACK OF PARKING SPOTS??? The restaurant of this caliber should either have valet service on the weekends or put a sign that there is additional parking available next door.

Now to the food. It was OK, nothing to write home about. I had sand dabs which tasted like fish and chips--too much dough saturated in grease. My husband had filet which was decent. The white cosmo was weak for my taste. No free desert of any kind was offered for my birthday.

I would not go there again. Maravilla was by far superior in their food, service and attitude. Oh, and I have been trying to make dinner reservations there through OpenTable but it would not accept it. Tried emailing the restaurant--the email bounced back to me. Problem with management perhaps???

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank giftshopgirl80

San Luis Obispo, California
“Overpriced, Overdone & we are Over It!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Well I really should give them one star for attitude.
We came here for dinner on our trip to Ojai because of the Zagat rating. Wrong move as this rating is far from accurate as is the $8 to &28 prices on here!
The staff if not walking around with airheads is rude and uppity.
Our server well let's just say is an old hippie that could not remember anything!
We went to our table & the chair was all wet! My wife had her clothes compromised & had to sit in a wet dress all night. Wrong! Didn't even apologize.
Server was all over the place and kept apologizing over & over for her lack of speed.
My fish was WELL done...terrible and this was $39.00.
My wife's pasta was overcooked and mushy, too much pasta sauce and this was $18.00.
Creme Brulee tasted like it had been in the fridge awile. It had absorbed odors.
Wine list is passable and decor a bit much.
Kinda old ladyish.
Never again. Waste of time & money.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Julian F
Los Angeles, California
“Rude Staff Mediocre Food High Prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Agree with grazipat here...NOT memorable or great. Prices are high for the quality of food. Atmosphere is a bit overdone.
Manager and hostess rather rude.
Better pasta at Papa Lennons for half the price!
Stuffy and really not all that elegant. Other places in and around town more down to earth and fun. There were 4 of us and it was not that great.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Shelley O
Los Angeles, California
“Lunch was very tasty. Portions were huge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stopped here for lunch because the place looked so interesting from the street. We hadn't read the reviews. It is a very nice homey restaurant. The quality of the food was excellent. Service was friendly and nice. We didn't have a reservation so were seated inside since the patio was booked. I really enjoyed my lunch although I left almost half of it behind because the portions were huge.
I would like to return for dinner n our next visit to Ojai.

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great food and excellent service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing meal at Suzanne's. My husband had the ahi tuna and I had chicken piccata. Both were excellent. We also shared a beet salad to start which was delicious. It was a laid back atmosphere and the waiter was very experienced with a great sense of humour. The only thing I would say is that the portions are almost too big! Not a bad thing for most though. I would highly recommend if you are in Ojai!

Been to Suzanne's Cuisine? Share your experiences!