“Lovely setting, delicious food!”
Review of Suzanne's Cuisine - CLOSED

Suzanne's Cuisine
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bristol
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were attending the Ojai Film Festival, so I checked TripAdvisor to see what restaurants might be good in the area. Suzanne's sounded perfect and it was! When I called for a reservation, the polite and well-trained hostess managed to squeeze us in to a very busy Friday evening, assuring us we'd be done in time for our screening, and we were! The service was excellent, not too intrusive and the lovely garden was SO peaceful. We started with one of the specials, the heirloom tomato salad, delicate and delicious. I had the grilled veggie entree which was enormous, fresh and yummy. My dining companion had the rigatoni with sausage and practically licked the plate clean! The homemade bread was fragrant and to die for. And for dessert, we had homemade coffee ice cream with chocolate shavings (Cafe Liegeois de la Maison), yum! All in all, one of the best dining experiences I've had...can't wait to come back to Ojai, just to have dinner at Suzanne's again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to this restaurant not knowing what to expect as we had read reviews that it was one of best restaurants in Ojai. The reviews were right, great garden setting and food. I had calf's liver which was simply divine and my spouse had the chicken picatta. We shared dessert of the sorbet trio which was fresh and superb. Don't forget to make reservations as this restaurant appeared packed on a Monday night!

1  Thank Terry Y
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been going to Ojai for 16 years on a regular basis, but even though people mentioned going to Suzanne's I never made it until last week. Everything about the evening was excellent. It was a WOW client experience. It started with a lovely welcome and although we did not have reservations, the server asked and said she just needed to check to be sure she could honor the reservations that had already been made. We were promptly seated in a lovely outdoor area with a beautiful English garden and fountain view. The space was comfortable and you never felt crowded or overwhelmed with noise, even as the place continued to fill up. I went to the ladies room and I tell you this only because there was the most beautiful bouquet of stargazer lilies that I have ever seen or smelled. Just a lovely "extra". The service was impeccable. The kind that you don't even notice but everything is always there for you. Specialty martinis were really delicious. Food was amazing. I had a spinach salad, filet mignon. Others had salmon and another fish I don't remember but everyone said their entrees and salads were just perfect. Everything that was supposed to be hot was hot, those that were supposed to be cold were cold. The server was very personable and engaging without being imposing. I cannot wait to go back to Ojai for another meal at my now favorite restaurant!!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a delightful dinner in the outer covered area of the restaurant. The view was lovely and the fireplace and gas lamps warm. The service was equally warm and personal. I'd go there again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank eupton3352
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Tuna Bruschetta is my favorite lunch item to order. It is a French Baguette With Melted Asiago Cheese, Topped With Albacore Tuna Salad, Tomatoes And Arugula. It's unique and delicious. Suzanne's is a quaint little restaurant with excellent food. I recommend eating in the semi-outdoor garden area. If you are an iced tea lover like me you will love their iced tea.

3  Thank Jennifer A