“Great sushi”

Hakane Sushi
Ranked #29 of 97 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The sushi selection is endless and the ones we tried were delicious and a bit different from the ones you normally see on the menus. It can get a little cramped and loud ... especially during the weekends.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have made Hakane a regular stop now. They have an amazing selection of specialty rolls and the sushi portions are generous. We have always found the fish to be very fresh. And best of all it's quite spacious and never crowded like the place in Miramonte. When the weather is warm they have a nice outdoor patio as well. They also have a small but nice selection of Saki - not just the hot stuff that is strictly for non-foodies. Their prices are also very reasonably.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were just in Ojai for one night. This sushi bar came recommended. It was right across the street from where we were staying. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

So far, and I've dined here about 15 times, I've always been very satisfied. I do wish they had Milk on the menu for kids, but that's a minor inconvenience. Once I questioned whether their Yellowtail sushi was "Yellowtail", as it seemed more like another white fish. The chef answered Yes, but I was not convinced. But I love this place and their food and menu. I do wish the servers where more knowledgeable about the food their serving, however. Great menu with pictures of everything. I usually order way too much because I can't decide on just one or two options. So far so good with this reviewer.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I went here while on vacation in Ojai, CA. We were soooo disappointed. The fish was not great, and the presentation was miserable. Regular round plates, with the rolls just plopped down, the rolls were not cut or formed well (the rice was falling apart) and the fish was mediocre at best. Wow. I would definitely eat elsewhere.

1  Thank Jeannie G

Been to Hakane Sushi? Share your experiences!