“what a wonderful experience!”

Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company
Ranked #5 of 10 Outdoor Activities in Ojai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Private Guided Trail Rides in the Ventura River Valley and Los Padres National Forest! Rides available for the beginner to experienced! Customized to your needs. Open seven days a week with over 50 horses to choose from. Only minutes from downtown, see Ojai's beauty from the back of a horse!
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We spent a weekend in Ojai, and took our twin 5 year old girls horseback riding. The scenery was spectacular. The staff were wonderful and incredibly patient with our girls. Linda in particular, was a gem. I was pleasantly surprised that they let my girls ride on full grown horses (not on a trail, but around the ranch and in the corral). They also have trail riding for kids over 7. The ranch also has many kid friendly animals: pigs, chickens and goats. We loved it so much we came back again the next day!

5  Thank cdvmanhattanbeach

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was my first experience with horseback riding and there are quite a few places to choose from in Ojai. I booked my ride last minute and they were able to accommodate us (score!). Had a wonderful time on a 1 hr ride (though of course I get the hungry horse that wanted to stop and eat every 5 feet), the scenary was gorgeous and our trail guide Linda was very nice. Pricing-wise this place had one of the best prices and holds horse camp for kids during the summer too where they teach kids how to ride, care for a horse, see a vet care for a horse and paint a white horse.

1  Thank Choobyrooesq
Reviewed March 13, 2012

A few of my friends and I went horseback riding for my birthday at Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company. It was one of the best rides that I have been on. There was pleanty of beautiul horses to choose from, we had an amazing ride through the river bottom and up through the mountains. Our guide was very knowledgable. I highly recommend OJAI VALLEY TRAIL RIDING COMPANY to those who would like to have a great time on horseback. They also have a petting zoo!!

1  Thank Shelly R
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Tons of horses!! We called for a same day reservation and they were able to accommodate us one hour in advance. They have many guides and horses available and offer many options. Loved it!!

5  Thank lopezmarm

Been to Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company? Share your experiences!