“Best experience ever.”
Review of The Lavender Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
The Lavender Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 1, 2014

What a beautiful atmosphere and a fantastic, healthy, organic and creative breakfast. The clientele were very interesting and worldly. Such a pleasure to stay and would most definitely come back again. The staff were amazing and so were the grounds. Everyone should experience the Lavendar Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I appreciate B&Bs. My husband made last minute arrangements for New Year's Eve to stay at the Lavender Inn. The location is amazing and relaxing. The food was absolutely superb.

I do have few comments/critiques - 1) the rooms are not individually heated, and I was extremely cold when trying to sleep 2) the walls are thin -- and I don't know if everyone was "ringing in the new year" in their own special way, but we ... uncomfortably ... heard some things we wished we had not.

I'm used to walls being thin at B&Bs, so it's more of an observation -- given the new year, maybe the lack of privacy was just more obvious.

I must say, though, we loved the place and would stay again. It's charming, and calming and beautiful. The host that checked us in and arranged the wine hour and breakfast was a nice woman - and really did make us feel like family.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacquelyn_San_Diego
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We celebrated our 1st anniversary in Ojai and stayed at the Lavender Inn.I loved the beautiful flower arrangements and the cozy living room. It was a comfortable spot to enjoy the fireplace or play a game of chess. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast is superb. The food will far exceed your expectations! The Inn is centrally located to all the shops, restaurants and Farmer's market. It's the jewel of Ojai.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vall0s
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I celebrated my birthday at the Lavender Inn in Ojai. We fell in love with the comfortable setting, close proximity to everything, great gourmet breakfast, and friendly/helpful staff. Each room is designed for comfort as well as beauty. We had a beautiful view from our balcony of the Topa Topa mountains. There are special touches everywhere in this beautiful home, from the beautiful flower arrangements in each room to the art work and furnishings.
It was a great setting to spend with my husband as well as coming back to spend time with "the girl". I will be coming back with my husband and dog and experiencing a stay in the "cottage" room, and a weekend with a group of my girlfriends to occupy the whole house for ourselves.
My husband and I HIGHLY recommend a stay at this exceptional Inn. I cannot say one thing negative about this B&B.

Room Tip: Topa room had a great view of the mountains and looking into the town. Most rooms had a comfy balco...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paulette D
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I came to the Lavender Inn for a personal retreat to relax and renew because of a very stressful life. I found that the innkeepers, food, beautiful environment and comfort provided it all for me. The gourmet breakfasts were superb and the Lavender Room was clean, comfortable and pretty and I made good use of the balcony that overlooked the beautiful gardens. Mrs. Hope and Tia, the occasional house cat and dog were added delights. I will definitely be back again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lovetotravelky
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I spent several nights at the Lavender Inn in mid-October for a 60th birthday. Between the friendly staff, superb service, beautiful landscape and inviting decor, we couldn't have had a better time. We highly recommend this very special place!
Mark and Louise

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Lavender Inn this week in Ojai, Ca. and were treated w/ the most wonderful hospitality by everyone there. Our accommodations in the cottage were stupendous! Complete w/ lovely fireplace, the most comfortable bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The double doors opened to the most magical private garden w/ a beautiful shade tree turning it's bright yellow leaves as they fall and the comforting sound of the water fountain.

Throughout the main shared garden area there are many places to sit in solitude or in groups spread across the enclosed lawn and just off the large deck patio w/ setting for a large group. Precious (our dog) really loved the freedom of running the lawn & playing ball. Yes they are very pet friendly and have rooms for pet owner's and other rooms fro no pets.

We are so very grateful to Kathy, owner of the Inn, Julie Sardonia owner of Reins of H.O.P.E. who treated us to a fine dinning experience at Feast Bistro for a complimentary delicious dinner, for a Veterans Day / B-Day gift. We stayed for one night after a session w/ the horses and it felt like a week because the Lavender Inn takes after it's name sake and provides the most relaxing, rejuvenating and tranquil atmosphere imaginable. After their delicious breakfast we stayed around and enjoyed their beautifully manicured gardens w/ each sitting area having it's own distinct personality yet staying in them w/ the Lavender Inn as a whole.

Room Tip: The Cottage
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple