WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Fantastic” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lavender Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
Lavender Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Lovely B&B. Staff was friendly and helpful. The building and yard had character, and offered enough privacy to enjoy quiet time with my wife. Breakfast was delicious and generous, and the wine and cheese hour was an unexpected treat.

Re: location - a short walk from nearly everything we wanted.

Perfect for a quiet get away. We look forward to visiting again.

(No pool or fitness center.)

2 Thank AFoxnLA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We went up to Ojai for my husband to play golf. I decided, since we were staying at the Lavender Inn, to spend time in the Inn's garden, reading and writing. This was so incredibly pleasant -- just exactly the kind of time I was hoping for and more. They had hot water for tea in the dining room, so I was able to take a cup of tea out with me into the garden. The people who work there are so nice, the setting is so serene, and did I mention the breakfast? A whole array of flavorful dishes, including vegetable frittata and Gruyere herbed buttermilk biscuits, filled the sideboard, and we ate out on the porch by the fountain. I could have stayed there a long, long time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7. Very spacious with a king bed.
1 Thank Susan K
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is our second time staying at the Lavender Inn. The first time was around 2006 and I was happy to see that this small inn was as charming and comfortable as I remembered. The inn is perfectly located just across from a wonderful organic grocery store and one block from Ojai shopping arcade. It is also walking distance from Bart's , a wonderful bookstore. We stayed at the Craftsman room this time, a spacious room with a queen size bed, nicely decorated with comfortable quilts and a good size bathroom. My only tiny complain is that I could have used more space for my toiletries but this is something that can be easily remedy by adding another small table by the pedestal sink. The hotel has a very lovely garden and a porch where we had breakfast in the morning. Talking about breakfast it is really gourmet: Wonderful egg dishes, homemade biscuits, fruit, granola, yogurt and so much more. They also serve wine and cheese and other goodies at five pm every evening, unfortunately we missed because of our schedule. This is the perfect place for a romantic getaway but I would not recommend it for family with children.

1 Thank Claucat
Malibu, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My friend and I went to the Lavender Inn Spa. She had a facial, I had a massage. The facial experience was fantastic. The esthetician obviously knows her stuff. She is professional, knowledgable, and engaging. She's been doing facials for quite some time & is very helpful. Alas, the masseuse was not up to par. Perhaps she is very new to the field....but the massage was mostly her just rubbing oil on me. There was no massage of my back, leg, or arm muscles. She did an excellent job on head & shoulders....and perhaps this would be a different review if she advertised only that type of massage. I am disappointed that I invested the money & got about 7 minutes of quality experience. Again: super facialist....just be careful with the massage. (I should add that we made last minute reservations, so maybe that was the issue with the masseuse.) I'll definitely return for a facial.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank hanoibelle
lavenderinn, Owner at Lavender Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We're sorry that you had a less than perfect experience at the Spa and if you stayed at the Lavender Inn during this experience, we hope that stay made up for it. The following is a response from The Lavender in SPA that we would like to forward in response to your review.

"We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience at The Spa at the Lavender Inn. In fact your assessment was correct, Natalia, our regular massage therapist, was in Russia because of a family emergency and we had a young woman recently graduated from massage school filling in for her.
We have never received a complaint regarding Natalia's treatments. Quite the contrary, we have always gotten glowing reports from the Inn's guests and she also has a substantial cliental of local residents.

Neither Natalia nor myself want you to feel that you "didn't get your money's worth " at our spa and would like to invite you to visit us again , as our guest. I also want to thank you for your kind words regarding the facial......I think you'll probably leave feeling that way about your massage if you're able to make another visit !

We'll look forward to hearing from you, at your convenience , for an appointment.

Mary Nelson "
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lavender Inn was a great place for a short "get away". Not too far from LA to go for a weekend, and far enough to be "away". I found Lavender Inn on the "dog-friendly" website and booked the "pet friendly room". The "non-pet" rooms have a better room but ours was just fine. The garden is well fenced so we were able to let the pooch run freely for a while. Very peaceful, beautiful spot. We had a yoga class early Sunday morning (they will arrange it any time with a private instructor). The staff was attentive and welcoming. The breakfast was GREAT...none of the stock stuff you get in most hotel breakfasts. Overall a bit of a splurge but well worth it!

Room Tip: If you are NOT bringing your dog, take one of the rooms overlooking the garden (rooms 3 & 4 look...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful place this is! My husband and I had a wonderful stay here. Great food and especially the individualized service. We had some early morning activities scheduled so we had to leave before breakfast was served. They took the time to make sure we had a breakfast ready for us before we left for the day. That's service!! Thanks so much!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kathleen J
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Friends for over 30 years, we booked our getaway based on the positive reviews. The Inn is adorable. The women who run it are fabulous and so willing to help in any way they can. The building is old, which adds charm and a homey feel. We found it to be very clean and really enjoyed the breakfasts and the wine and cheese in the early evening. We also loved the country garden feel of the grounds. This is a B&B and not a hotel, so those that want sound-proof rooms with thick fire doors may not be as satisfied as we were as you can hear some hushed sounds of your neighbors.We stayed in the Lavender room with a balcony that had a view of the grounds and caught up as we watched the squirrels scurry from tree to tree with lots of hummingbird activity. We also recommend shopping in the adorable little town. We would come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends