The Lavender Inn
$409
Casa Ojai Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
$111
The Capri(Ojai)
$90
$118
$102
Oakridge Inn(Oak View)(Great Value!)
$97
$89
$61
$129
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$119
$84
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswine and cheesefrittatatapaswater featurescentral locationbed and breakfastlarge gardenprivate bathroommiddle of towntree housefarmers marketbreakfast was deliciousget awaythe main streetfell in loveeach morninglove this place
Reviewed June 29, 2012

First of all the maintenance and attention to detail of the Inn far surpasses many luxury establishments I have stayed in over the years. From the moment you are greeted until turn down you will enjoy the environment with many different venues to sit and meditate or plan your day's adventure. Delightful wines and cheeses are served at night and breakfast is a meal with fresh fruit, juice, great coffee and perhaps a frittata or omelet. There are many different rooms to choose from and I have stayed in several including the Provence Cottage with it's private back yard and fireplace a truly special space. Owner Kathy Hartley has a passion for turning old things into objects of exceptional beauty. ....Kathy and Mark Hartley purchased the property in September 2003 and launched an improvement and beautification project on the building that is still ongoing so I read in the local newspaper. Truly a unique space and the best of Ojai.

Room Tip: Have stayed in several even shared bath while in the "Tree House" room. All delightful experiences.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pattica1
lavenderinn, Owner at The Lavender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Hi Pattica1! I am so thrilled you had so many positive things to say about us. I think I could hire you for PR! Ha! Seriously, please do come back, and I promise your next visit will be as delightful as your previous visits!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We decided to celebrate our anniversary at the Lavender Inn. We are glad we did. The innkeepers were so friendly and made us feel at home. They gave us a small bottle of Champagne upon our arrival for our anniversary. That was a very nice touch. The place is so beautiful. The grounds are so full of life. Plants and flowers everywhere. The pond and fountains added such a great ambience. The afternoon wine and cheese was more than we expected. Excellent !!! We were very relaxed and felt very comfortable. The room we had was great. The breakfast was also excellent. Not your typical breakfast. Very fancy one. Each day was different. Plus fresh orange juice and fresh fruit. They only thing that I would suggest to them is to maybe have an automatic coffee maker setup to brew coffee for us early morning people who get up at the crack of dawn. Otherwise there is a great coffee shop down the street and gave me some exercise walking down there. It is in a perfect location. Right in the heart of down town. No need to use the car. We walked all around town. Would I come back? Yes I would and would recommend this place to anyone going up to Ojai. Thanks for the great memories and thanks to all the staff for making our trip memorable

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your anniversary; we love being able to make memories, even more so for special occasions such as this! I have thought of having coffee ready for early risers, as we already do with tea. Now, I'm motivated to do that, so thank you for the suggestion. We get our coffee beans locally roasted from Ojai Roasting Company, but why have to go down the street to get it early in the morning, right? We want your experience to be as ideal as possible!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

There are a few times in life when you know you are experiencing something that will stay with you forever. My recent trip to Ojai and, more specifically, my stay at The Lavender Inn was one of those experiences.

My friend and I were there 5 days and truly felt we were at home. Our charming and cozy room looked out over the beautiful mountains in the distance and the glorious gardens in the yard below. We enjoyed the most delicious breakfasts and were anxious each day to see what culinary delights would be offered that morning - egg and potato dishes, wonderful breads and pastries, yogurts/fruits/granolas...all scrumptious.

In the evenings we made sure to be "home" in time for happy hour out on the veranda when the innkeepers would surprise us with their interesting inspirations for that day's appetizers and nibbles to go along with our wine and cheese. Looking at the breathtaking color of the flowers spilling from every corner of the garden while enjoying a delicious glass of wine in the evening sun on that porch is something I won't forget.

The staff were just remarkable. Friendly doesn't begin to cover it. We truly felt like part of the family. They told us their favorite hiking trails and in-town walks, looked up information for any nearby attactions we mentioned an interest in visiting, gave restaurant suggestions and steered us to the best stores and shops.

Relaxing on the wicker chaise on the fairy-tale-worthy front porch with Mr. Hope (the resident kitty who watches over the inn from his station by the door!) and listening to the sound of water trickling through the fountain in the front garden is one of my fondest memories. When the weather turned drizzly and chilly a couple days into our trip we were greeted in the living room with a cozy fire in the fireplace and were able to curl up with a good book, a cup of hot tea and some yummy biscotti. Big, happy sigh... :)

Pure comfort. Pure relaxation. Pure coziness. Pure bliss. I want to live at The Lavender Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Connie W
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Wow, Connie! Thank you for such a thorough review! I couldn't have said it better myself! Ha! Seriously, the gals/innkeepers and I love it here and feel accomplished when a guest appreciates all the details, from the "culinary delights" to relaxing in the gardens. Most importantly, ALL of us love having guests like you to stay with us. I'm glad I had the chance to meet you and look forward to your next visit, all the way from Atlanta!!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I just booked my next visit to the Lavender Inn for an anual trip with the girls. I have been there several times with the girls and with the husband and all visits were simply wonderful. We realxed in the gardens, enjoyed the wine and cheese. The breakfast is more than satisfying...there is plenty to eat. Eggs, sausage, fruit, lox and bagels. The staff is alway wonderful and helpful in suggesting activities in town. The rooms are clean and comfortable. When visiting with the girls, we will stay in the Cozy Retreat and the Tree House, both have a shared bathroom. When with the husband, our favortie is the Craftsman. So if you are planning a getaway with the girls, or romantic weekend with the husband, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank spalover15
lavenderinn, Owner at The Lavender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Ah, thank you for your wonderful review!! And thanks for rebooking with the 'girls'. We love it when a group of women come for a getaway. It reminds me of sleep-overs when I was younger. It truly does bring out the youth in us, as I have observed with other groups of women coming together.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

In describing The Lavender Inn, I feel compelled to go beyond the typical B&B descriptives of "charming," "quaint," and "lovely" -- this Inn (at least to my friend and me) is magical. The owner has obviously poured her heart and soul into this place, and it shows in every detail. The delightful innkeepers were warm, welcoming, professional, and helpful. The flower beds surrounding the Inn were riotous with color, and the back outdoor area -- where we enjoyed wine and appetizers every evening -- was a tranquil little corner of heaven with its large porch and gorgeous landscaping. Our room, besides being downright enchanting, was comfortable and spotless. And the Inn's location is perfect for walking around the downtown area. I couldn't have asked for a better B&B experience and can't wait to return. --Kathryn in Atlanta

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kathryn L

It was so nice meeting you and Connie when you stayed at the Inn. Guests like you are the reason we love our job! I look forward to you returning and also moving to Ojai!