Ventura Food Tours Eating Ojai Tasting Tour
Ranked #1 of 7 Food & Drink in Ojai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: On this tour guests get an up close and personal look into the culinary scene in Ojai, a quaint little town 17 miles inland from Ventura, CA. On this food tasting tour, guests will walk through downtown Ojai, stopping at six different shops and restaurants for tastings and conversations with many of the shop owners and chefs that make Ojai the great dining destination that it is. Gourmet popsicles, local wine, baked goods, Mexican food, local olive oil, and other artisanal foods are amongst the offerings.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Tustin, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I booked the Ojai Tasting Tour with Allison for a group joining me in Ojai for a yoga retreat. This was a great addition to our weekend. We were able to tour the town of Ojai and eat some great local food. Allison was easy to work with and reliable. She also was very accommodating with our group's special needs. Would definitely recommend this company and use her again!

Visited January 2014

Los Angeles
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Thank you Allison for a great tour; we enjoyed every minute of it along with all the delicious food and goodies; everything was so tasty and fresh that we are already planning a weekend in Ojai and plan our meals around the places that we visited with you (we had done the Ventura Tour a couple of weeks ago) and couldn 't wait too long to do this one. Thank you again and hopefully you'll open a couple of more towns to tour this coming year!

Visited December 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Terrific tour of eating places in Ojai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited 7 different locales with Allison, who was a wonderful and interesting tour leader. In spite of really (unusually) hot weather and being the only participants, we had a great time. The people at the various locales took precious time away from their duties to explain their recipes and histories to us. We learned so much more about Ojai and the eating establishments there that it added greatly to our visit. We will definitely pass info about this tour on to friends!

Visited September 2012
Corrales, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A beautiful day in Ojai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

As part of an annual girlfriend reunion, my friends and I joined Margaret, our guide, in the discovery of some wonderful eating places in Ojai. What struck me the most, aside from some great food, coffee, and wine, was the passion exhibited by the owners and staff of all the places on the tour. One could literally taste the passion in their offerings. Do not miss this delightful experience!

Visited September 2012
Ventura, California
“Ojai Food Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I attended the Ojai Food Tour this past weekend, and had a wonderful time. I learned so much about the city (and I only live in Ventura).. and I was able to try many tasty menu selections at places I didn't even know existed!! The tamales were so fresh, the panini was perfect. The teas and dessert was such a treat. Margaret did this Ojai Food Tour and she was wonderful. I can't wait to try the Ventura Food Tour now!

Visited August 2012