Ojai Rancho Inn
$379
OjaiValleyInn.com
The Capri(Ojai)
$110
Casa Ojai Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
$111
$108
Hotels.com
Oakridge Inn(Oak View)(Great Value!)
$96
$89
$61
$110
$94
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$119
$84
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool areahipster vibespace heatercute placequick getawayrecord playerstayed one nightsanta barbaralos angelesjacuzzimotelpalokitchenettelawnbikerelaxationlodging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2008

My wife, toddler daughter, and I went to Ojai last weekend for a little get away. The pictures on the Ojai Rancho Inn(O.R.I.) website looked great and I chose the O.R.I. because I was interested in spending some pool time with my daughter. When we got to the O.R.I., I had a feeling that I had made a mistake in choosing this hotel. After I saw the condition of the pool area and room I knew it was a mistake. The pool area had construction materials all over the place, the pool was cold and appeared to have quite a bit of dirt in. The door to the pool area even had not so nice sign on it from Ventura County. The rooms appeared dirty and the decor reminded me of a hunting cabin. After looking at the room and pool we decided to go to Ventura and stay else ware. When I asked the ORI to return my deposit they refused and they still continue to refuse. In my opinion the Ojai Rancho Inn has taken my money while giving me no services. I would not recommend that anyone stay at the Ojai Rancho Inn.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank redondosurfer
Reviewed July 20, 2008

The outside is a drive up to your door type motel. First impression - UH-OH!!

Carpet was dirty, Bed covers were dirty, Pillow missing, no remote for Direct TV (imagine having to browse 700+ channels without a remote). Kitchenette area dirty. Crack running across the entire bathroom floor. The pool and jacuzzi were gross. We had heard that they had spent miliions in renovations - I would hate to see it before they did that.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2007

The hours of the place are short- they're only open until 9:00, and only have one person working there.

Room was quite large and had an excellent large flat-screen TV with satellite TV. They had no way to get movies though- you couldn't buy them, even though the satellite system tempted that they were available.

Bathroom was fine. Little kitchen was helpful. Blinds felt old and didn't keep out the light.

Overall, it was fine. We spent $150 per night, which is really a lot for a basic motel. "Continental Breakfast" was instant oatmeal. I'd stay here again, but I wouldn't be excited about it.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2007

I used to stay here under the old ownership, and loved it. The last time I stayed here the health dept. boarded up the pool. The receptionist didn't even bother to tell me that morning when I booked
the room. They did not offer me a refund. This place has turned into a dump. Need I say more. The gardens have been let go. The owner neither knows how or cares to deal with clients.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank froggy01
Reviewed April 25, 2007

I have stayed here once almost 20 years ago and thought it was charming and quite inexpensive.
However, I want to warn other travelers about this place. It is over-priced for what you get. On weekends, the road is full of motor-cycles, so the rooms close to the main road is quite noisy.
The furniture in the room looks very cheap. We stayed 2 nights and after the first day, we were surprised by an invasion of termites in the bathroom. It was quite gross. Management did change our room but in general I did not have a good impression. The gas wall heater in our room was emitting some heat even on a very warm day and the management said there is nothing that can be done because it is old. This place may be cheaper than other places in Ojai but it's still not worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family