“Lovely wedding spot”
Review of Meditation Mount

Meditation Mount
More attraction details
Owner description: The mission of Meditation Mount, a nonprofit organization, is to promote the building of an enlightened and compassionate world through the power of creative meditation, inspirational educational programs, and community-based events focused on the practical application of universal spiritual principles. We are open to the public Wednesday through Sunday from 8:30am until sunset. We have an International Garden of Peace, Meditation Room, Reading Room and gift shop to explore. Please observe the quiet of this sacred space. Meditation Mount is supported entirely by visitor donations. Alcoholic beverages and smoking are strictly prohibited on our grounds and food must only be consumed on the terrace tables. Please observe silence throughout the garden, the viewpoint and the Meditation Room. The entire Mount property is closed to the public on Monday and Tuesday. The facility is available to rent for sacred ceremonies, weddings and events, but not overnight retreats. The office is open Wednesday through Friday from 10:00am-4:00pm for inquiries.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I attended a wedding here. The location was breathtaking, and the venue seemed sufficient to accommodate guests/parking/the bride etc. I will come back to this spot next time I'm in Ojai and have some time to explore a little.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

You don't even have to know how to meditate! I just perched myself on a rock and let the feeling of calmness wash over me.

1  Thank AnnZ4
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is one of my favorite places in Ojai. You feel so close to God, when you are in this magical place, I can really feel at home here and the experience you take with you when you leave is a feeling of peace and tranquility.. People from around the world and of many faiths have experienced its welcoming presence.

2  Thank Movino777
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I visited Meditation Mount while on a short getaway last week. The grounds were beautiful and the panoramic views were even better. My wife found a nice spot to meditate while I ran down the hill 2 miles and back (my form of meditation). When I returned we went for a short walk around the mount on a small trail that surrounds the grounds. This is completely free and the grounds are maintained by donations so we gave a few bucks to the cause - well worth it. My only small complaint was the frequent sightings of dog poo (not something I like to focus on while meditating).

Reviewed July 30, 2012

sweet , electric place, great walk, beautiful scenery like no other, extremely great place to meditate and become one with a beautiful nature view... the entire valley is a great place to relax and become one with all!

Been to Meditation Mount? Share your experiences!