“Even the non vegetarians will love the food”
Review of Hip Vegan Cafe

Hip Vegan Cafe
Ranked #11 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Even the non vegetarians will love the food”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wow this was a fun place to have lunch!

It was a bit difficult to actually find the location and where the door to enter the place was as I think they are doing some renovations but it was well worth the searching.

My husband is not a vegetarian, he ordered the seitan reuben and he deemed it "better than a real corned beef reuben."

The menu is quite varied and it was truly delicous food. We all loved our sandwiches and soup. I highly recommend the vegetable smoothie. It was a perfect mix of flavors and was very exotic tasting.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and casual. It reminds me of being back in the 70s in the decor, style and feel. It is a small restaurant and limited room for seating. There also is a nice patio with tables which is where we chose to sit. It is in the shade which was nice because it was extremely hot the day we visited.
The staff is very familiar with the menu and helpful in answering any questions regarding spicyness, flavor etc

If you are in Ojai, dont skip this place because you think it is only for vegetarians. The portions are very generous, it has a fun vibe and the food is really good. You wont miss the meat or chicken, I promise!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank NewEnglandTraveler23

Long Beach, California
“Vegan Mecca”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

It was difficult to find this restaurant since the address was not on the main street, but once we ate their food, we knew it was worth the search. The atmosphere is nothing to write home about. A few old tables and chairs, very casual. Their soup of the day was a fresh, tasty gazpacho (delicious!). We also had their Reuben (using seitan for meat) and an avocado wrap (very green) with tahini sauce for dipping. We topped it all with a slice of their cheesecake in the frig. which was made with cashews and coconut and tasted delightful. I would recommend this eatery to anyone who wants to eat healthy.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Evelina62
Corona
“Yay!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

LOVED A Hip Vegan Joint. Everything was delicious. Loved the atmosphere. Will return any time we go to Ojai.

Visited May 2013
Ojai, California
“Great Vegan”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had lunch with my wife yesterday and came back again today because it was soooo good. Truly the best vegan food we have ever had! The soups, salads and sandwiches are incredible and the portions are enormous. It will be my first stop when I return to Ojai.

• Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California
“Best vegan restaurant ever”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Ate at Hip once, and returned every day since. I even asked if they could open a restaurant in the Bay Area.

Excellent food, service, and vibe.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MSpence09

Been to Hip Vegan Cafe? Share your experiences!