“Everything made with love!”
Review of Hip Vegan Cafe

Hip Vegan Cafe
Ranked #12 of 97 Restaurants in Ojai
Reviewed January 6, 2013

What a find, thanks again to Trip Advisor! We visited Meditation Mountain in Ojai and wanted a vegan place for lunch. Found Hip as #1 and now we understand why. The place was packed which is always a good sign! We ordered and found a seat in the sun. Enjoyed the bean and rice burrito with the most amazing guacamole ever as well as the quiche of the day which was russet potato with a cornmeal crust, just out of this world. We also split a 16oz carrot/beet just freshly made. The staff was super friendly and warm. A great find after the most peaceful of days in Ojai.

1  Thank smilingathena

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We went to Hip, eager to enjoy the same meals that readers have raved about. We love vegetarian and vegan restaurants. But, HIp has a long way to go to earn our praise. The menu is limited. The quiche of the day was flavorless. The hummus was pretty good. But, my husband had to ask for more pita because so little came with the hummus. Everything was close but not there. Cute place, nice outdoor area. But, I come for the food. And, Hip just doesn't make the cut.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

On our way back from hiking in Ojai, we stopped at this little informal vegan spot tucked in the back of a storefront off Ojai Avenue. They have both indoor and outdoor seating with counter ordering. It happened to be beautiful weather, so we sat outside. We had chocolate date smoothies, baked tofu sandwiches and salad with tahini poppyseed dressing. The portions were generous and the food quite tasty and filling. We ended up not needing to have much for dinner because the lunch was so filling, so you may want to split some things. This was the best lunch we had on our week long trip through So. California!

1  Thank dcschorr
Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you want healthy, organic food this is a great restaurant. The salad I got had the best marinated greens I think I've ever had, plus a wonderful lime-cilantro dressing. I would have gone back for dinner if I hadn't had to leave later. Lots of vegan dishes to choose from if you refrain from eating dairy.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Modest but friendly and very tasty vegan lunch place. The menu scared me at first ("egg-free quiche...") but all the dishes are delicious. We went for lunch every day we were in Ojai. Don't miss their special: a date and cashew-milk vanilla shake - unbelievable!

Been to Hip Vegan Cafe? Share your experiences!