“Loved it”
Review of Hip Vegan Cafe

Hip Vegan Cafe
Ranked #10 of 98 Restaurants in Ojai
Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you want healthy, organic food this is a great restaurant. The salad I got had the best marinated greens I think I've ever had, plus a wonderful lime-cilantro dressing. I would have gone back for dinner if I hadn't had to leave later. Lots of vegan dishes to choose from if you refrain from eating dairy.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Modest but friendly and very tasty vegan lunch place. The menu scared me at first ("egg-free quiche...") but all the dishes are delicious. We went for lunch every day we were in Ojai. Don't miss their special: a date and cashew-milk vanilla shake - unbelievable!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have visited Ojai three times in the past year and each time we make a point to stop by HIP for lunch. There is a diverse menu and almost everything is sourced from local farms so is fresh and delicious. The "extremely raw" salad and "three scoop" salad are our favorites along with the vanilla date shake.

A number of locals frequent HIP so it's a great place to hang out - especially outside where there is a fresh smell of eucalyptus. This past visit a local singer/songwriter played during lunch adding to the ambiance. Overall a great feeling place to have a healthy meal, and meet some really friendly Ojai locals including Rick the owner.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Based on the reviews, we decided to walk to Hip for dinner--only to find out that they are open only from 11-5. We tried Knead for breakfast, but they were closed for renovations that day. So it's always a good practice to make a quick call to check before heading out. Most of the establishments in Ojai are locally owned so hours may vary.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I are vacationing from New Hampshire and we were thrilled to find this restaurant. We shared chips, salsa, and guacamole. He had gazpacho and the hummus plate. I enjoyed carrot/ginger/spinach juice and the Indonesian wrap. Everything was wonderful. The food was prepared with care. The flavors were delicious. What a treat!

1  Thank fbgardner

Been to Hip Vegan Cafe? Share your experiences!