“great food - and vegan, too!”
Review of Hip Vegan Cafe

Hip Vegan Cafe
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Ojai
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This cute restaurant has great food! I am vegan and was happy to have such a large selection. I went two days in a row! The asparagus quiche, gazpacho, raw chocolate brownie and cocnut "cheesecake" were all excellent! Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by a friend who lives locally. Our party of 5 had a fantastic meal. The waitstaff was great and answered all our questions; the meals were beautifully presented; the food was local, fresh and very flavorful. I loved the date shake.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I ordered take out a few months ago and was so impressed. Their menu is traditional and innovative. Fresh, creative, delicious. I'm so happy this place is here!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Let me start off by saying the waitstaff was VERY attentive and helpful. The woman working at the counter was just so friendly and pleasant to be around. A great asset for the restaurant.

My husband and I had the tempeh burger and Reuban wth seitan. Burger was average. Nothing fantastic. But the Reuben....WOW! One of the best vegan meals I've ever had.The seitan is thinly sliced and the dressing was delicious. I'm getting hungry just typing about it!

We also had the infamous date shake with cacao added, per suggestion, and maybe it was overhyped but we found it to be just average. It was very "banana-y" and we didn't taste must cacao or date in it. It might have just been the person making it that day.

The restaurant itself isn't much for ambiance, but for lunch, that didn't bother us. Overall, the reuben and the waitstaff would make us return again.

2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed July 9, 2012

They make some great Soups and Unbelievable Desserts.

1  Thank renOC3000

Been to Hip Vegan Cafe? Share your experiences!