“Italian with a healthy twist”

Osteria Monte Grappa
Ranked #3 of 97 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My wife had the seafood broth dish and I enjoyed the calzone. My entree was seasonal vegetables, farm to table, with light cheese and intentional room temp marinara - all very good. The bread was also tasty. We shared a salad that was also quite healthy with two particularly delightful items, burrata And mulberries. Service was attentive and we got a walk-in table (no resv accepted) in 5 minutes at 8pm on a Friday since we chose inside vs patio (20 min wait)

1  Thank KipL

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is located in a prime shopping arcade and is a terrific place to recoup one's energy. My friend and I shared a 10 inch flat bread pizza, the house antipasto and panna cotta for dessert. Without a doubt our favorite dish was the appetizer which featured a selection of thinly shaved cured Italian meats, a variety of cheeses, cured olives and beets. It truly is a meat lover's delight. The other dishes we good and it was interesting to try mulberries with the flan like dessert. Having rested well and no longer hungry, we continued to explore the wonderful shops and galleries in the arcade.

1  Thank kas823
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were amazed at how well the staff worked together to ensure service was seamless. The food was excellent, fresh, and hot. We had an appetizer with sautéed mushrooms on fresh flat bread with fresh herbs and shards of parmesan cheese. Simply wonderful! The menu is extensive. We both had the ravioli filled with a fabulous meat mixture. The pasta was some of the best I've had and certainly homemade. The sauce was light but very flavorful. All of the food looked wonderful. Would like to try this place again because there were just so many choices. Great wine list and a full bar! I would suggest making a reservation if it's a weekend.

2  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Monte Grappa is in the delightful Arcade area of beautiful Ojai and it has a wonderful outdoor patio in the back where it is quiet away from street noise. I've only had lunches here - both business and personal - and everything was terrific each and every time. The menu selections were terrific and there was plenty for vegetarians like me. Service was al;so above average.

1  Thank William B
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This recently remodeled restaurant offers inside and outside dining in comfortable surroundings. The food is authentic and well prepared. We always enjoy our meal here. The menu is extensive, something for everyone. I recently had the ravioli with brown sage butter and they were cooked to perfection. The salads also are very tasty.

Been to Osteria Monte Grappa? Share your experiences!