“I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO PARADISE!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pepper Tree Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
Pepper Tree Retreat
Ranked #5 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO PARADISE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

WOW! WOW! WOW! This past weekend I went stayed at the Pepper Tree Retreat. I stayed there because I was leading a Spiritual retreat at the Krishnamurti library (Pine Cottage). I will be leading Spiritual retreats in Ojai once a month and I will NOT go anywhere else! This place is the perfect setting for any type of workshop/retreat. My clients are still thanking me for selecting the Pepper Tree Retreat/Krishnamurti library. After the workshop, we went to the Pepper Tree Retreat and had our own personal chef (Patricia) make us a delicious home-made meal. Then my hubby, daughter and I stayed at one of their suites overnight and it was divine. So incredibly clean and beautiful! We woke up to the most incredible view I have ever seen!
We are vegans so when we knew that the breakfast was "vegan pancakes" we got very excited. AND THEY WERE THE BEST pancakes I have ever had in my life!
the coffee, the fresh orange juice...all of it- was delicious.
The manager, Elizabeth Arnold is an amazing woman who is so incredibly helpful and sweet. She helped me from day 1 on this workshop and it was such a success thanks to her.
I will return next week, and I honestly CAN'T WAIT to go back. I can not recommend this place enough!!!! Pure bliss!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Winchester, U.K.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

This was my second stay at the retreat. I find the staff to be very professional, extremely diligent and friendly. The atmosphere is very homely. I very much appreciated the home-cooked breakfasts (pancakes, fresh orange juice...). It is very easy to make friends with staff and guests alike; one can either enjoy the place on his/her own or join in a walk, etc.
I would recommend this place to anyone in search of beauty and peace. A plus!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed here for a retreat and all I can say is "WOW". First off, it's set amidst spectacular scenery, all you see is lots of green! It's so incredibly peaceful and tranquil that you automatically feel the "healing vibes". The views are so beautiful, it was very hard to leave after 5 days of me being there. The entire B&B is extremely well kept- VERY clean which is very important to me! The food was exquisite: we had our own private chef, Joann, who cooked delicious plates for us daily. The best part of the retreat is the manager, Elizabeth. Besides being drop-dead gorgeous, she is probably one of the sweetest human beings I have ever met. She was ALWAYS at our disposal for ANY of our needs and was always sooo incredibly sweet. I CAN'T WAIT to return, and as a matter of fact I am going to lead a retreat over there myself and don't care to look anywhere else. Why would I when this is a perfect 10?

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

Our stay was an inner quest to develop our life coaching skills. We were greeted and served by a bright elegance in the form of Elizabeth Arnold. Each individual need was attended to, we felt well taken care of. The grounds hold a distinct vibrant energy that I found to be very awakening and supportive of the work we did together as a group. The landscaping was fascinating to explore and contemplate. My time there is still unfolding as I capture all the gifts from the radiant experience. Well worth repeating, I look forward to a repeat visit in the future.

Cupertino, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

I recently stayed at Pepper Tree Retreat with a group of coaching colleagues. Our hostess, Elizabeth Arnold, was a breath of fresh air attending to all of our individual needs; she was beyond gracious. The Retreat itself had everything we needed during our stay. The rooms were comfortable and delightful with all the amenities and wonderful views. The Retreat offered the perfect setting for a getaway -- whether a group (as we were) that used the whole property, or for a couple or individual. I can't recommend it highly enough. Hope to return.

Loomis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I had been meaning to visit the Krishnamurti library for some time, and we used our 20th anniversary as the reason to finally make the trip down. How lucky for us that we had the Oak Grove Retreat to stay at. Oak Grove Retreat is, all by itself, a lovely peaceful place. The setting is beautiful, and we loved the house, with its wide porches, lovely rooms, and understated country elegance. It has with it a exceptionally fascinating history, and it was a thrill to visit the same place that luminaries such as Aldus Huxley visited. Where else could one dine, sleep, read, and walk where such an interesting crowd did exactly the same thing. We can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at Oak Grove for our 26th anniversary. The grounds are beautiful. Fragrant orange blossoms sent the air and quiet pervades everywhere. Breakfasts were fun as the other guests were thoughtful and interesting people from all over the world. It's a wonderful place to enjoy nature and retreat from your worldly concerns.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple