All reviews orange groves krishnamurti library huxley room john lennon herbal garden other guests the main house get away healthy breakfast peace and quiet very special place minute drive grounds are lovely three nights living room teachings peppertree
Reviewed June 13, 2017

The room was comfortable. All aspects of the stay are meticulously looked after. One can relax in the safety and serenity of the place. The grounds have clearly marked paths to stroll around. I walked around the premises and was spellbound by the beauty. I would go into the herbal garden and feel the wonder of the healing herbs. The library and the quiet room are inviting for meditation and study.

The staff is friendly and relaxed and willing to answer the queries. I would recommend this retreat for anyone who is interested in personal transformation.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Julien G, General Manager at Pepper Tree Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. The medicinal herb garden is a delightful place with many herbs and plants one may have never seen before. It is the perfect spot for meditation and to practice true observation.

See you next time!
Julien & the retreat team

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Our room was Chaplin. Adorable is the list I can say. So clean and neat, with old charm and the view of the garden made us feel we were hugged by Mother Nature, nurturing us and offering so much calmness and happiness. Thank you! We will be back

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely review. Chaplin is such a special and charming room, it does make one feel like they are sleeping in nature. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Julien & the retreat team

Reviewed May 16, 2017

A very special place, we enjoyed the beauty and tranquility immensely, and trust we can maintain a softer more compassionate side of ourselves that made me forget my normal hectic tendencies. Many thanks to all the beautiful community there who make great effort to continue the legacy of such a beautiful setting and history in Ojai. The hiking in the very close by mountains is especially lovely, as well as the brilliant idea of developing a medicinal herb garden where the full panorama of the place can be seen at its best, and if you are up early enough be able to catch some beautiful morning aromas. We cannot thank everyone there enough and truly loved our time there..

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Julien G, General Manager at Pepper Tree Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your next visit.
Many blessings,
Julien and the retreat team.

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

I just had to cancel my much awaited solo trip after the birth of my 9 week old daughter. My husband was called out of town emergently for work and my mom who was going to be the main caregiver is unwell and my daughter has her own health issues.
The lady (Julien?) on the phone heard me out, and didn't charge me for cancellation (despite 72 hr policy), and was so gentle and super supportive- best phone call all morning for this distraught new mom. This is amazing work ethic, and I deeply appreciate your understanding. It speaks volumes about the kind of place this is. Thank you. I can't wait to reschedule my trip.

Stayed: May 2017
Julien G, General Manager at Pepper Tree Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent phone experience, I am delighted our staff member was able to hear you and meet your needs. We look forward to having both you and your husband here for your much deserved retreat.

Julien

Reviewed April 10, 2017

The Pepper Tree Retreat provides a tranquil atmosphere in a beautiful landscape. The fragrance of orange blossoms and jasmine at this time of the year are intoxicating. The rooms are filled with light and comfortable. Whether you visit to take part in the teachings of J. Krishnamurti or to relax, the Pepper Tree doesn't disappoint.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms offer more privacy for someone needing time alone.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo

Hi Karen,
Thank you for taking the time to share a few words about your experience. We are so happy you were able to be here this past April to experience the spectacular explosion of flowers after such a rainy winter. The valley and surrounding mountains are filled with all types of colors, what a perfect time to visit. See you next time!

Julien