Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews pepper tree lennon room meditation room herb garden ojai valley very special place get away from it all beautiful grounds orange library peppertree trees lawrence jk property herbs yoga
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2017

So far, Spa Cucina has led two yoga retreats to this beautiful property, in fall and in spring, and we're excited to have another planned next summer! The grounds are lovely and tranquil, the rooms well-equipped and comfortable. Continental breakfasts nourished us for our hiking and yoga practice and we enjoyed meditating among the birds on the lawn. Close proximity to the charming town of Ojai is a bonus; something for everyone within five minutes' drive.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Pepper-Tree-Ojai, General Manager at The Krishnamurti Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

It's always a pleasure to have you and your group as our guests. We look forward to seeing you next summer!

Reviewed February 22, 2017

The Lennon Room was beautiful and relaxing with a beautiful bedroom and balcony looking out to the bush. There is a lovely orange grove on the property, meditation facility and garden and gorgeous views of the valley. We absolutely loved our time there, and hope to return again!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Julien G, General Manager at The Krishnamurti Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Thank you for your review. The Lennon room is quite special and the private balcony is particularly lovely at night when the sky is bursting with stars. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

My stay at Pepper Tree Retreat couldn’t have been more renewing. Its location in the middle of orange orchards is amazing and it’s so dark and quiet at night...perfect for the kind of deep relaxation I never get in the busy Bay Area! My room in “The Annex” was exceptional...windows on 3 sides and a fantastic view, clean and simply yet elegantly decorated. Loved the convenience of my own kitchenette and popping into town for groceries whenever needed. Also enjoyed the delicious breads at the continental breakfast in the main house. There are many interesting books about Kristnamurti in the lobby that you can take to your room and read. Went on several nearby hikes in the mountains that circle Ojai. The staff is delightful, helpful and non-intrusive. A perfect place for true R&R .

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Pepper-Tree-Ojai, General Manager at The Krishnamurti Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the Banyan Tree room. This is the perfect spot for a simple, peaceful, relaxing retreat. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Amazing, restful, beautiful. Set among orange, lemon, and pepper trees. Excellent vegan meals. Serene beyond words! I loved my stay. Themes comfortable bed I ever slept in. Luxury organic cotton towels.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Julien G, General Manager at The Krishnamurti Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words. We were delighted to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you during your next retreat on the West coast.
Julien

Reviewed February 1, 2017

I stayed in the Huxley room, it was cozy and perfect for a restful peaceful night. I loved it. The Pepper Tree Retreat is full of character with the feel of being in a loving home. Anat the innkeeper made sure I had breakfast to take with me since I had to leave early the next morning. So kind! Michael the night manager was also very friendly. I appreciated the warm welcome combined with the private and quiet contemplative atmosphere. There are beautiful trees and trails around the Inn. I can't wait to return and explore more!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share a few words about your experience and I am glad we were able to make you feel at home and make a few treats available to you for your early departure. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.