“Peaceful & Serene Spiritual Retreat.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
Pepper Tree Retreat
Ranked #5 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Peaceful & Serene Spiritual Retreat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I spent 3 days in March 2014 in Pepper Tree Resort, and it was one of the most peaceful times that I had ever spent. The place is so quite and serene, and the nights so still and so fragrant - with the orange blossoms in full bloom this time of the year. The trip was almost like a pilgrimage, and one feels the satisfaction deep inside.

The staff at the retreat are very very friendly, and have gone out of their way to be helpful. The breakfast is simple and wholesome. The rooms are well furnished and comfortable. The room I stayed (Besant room) overlooks the lawn and the glassed veranda is a beautiful place for reading, meditating or just being, especially during early mornings and late evenings.

This retreat is for serious travelers. The access to the Krishnamurti library was a great by itself, and meeting people who had experiences with Krishnamurti is a great plus. I look forward to a longer stay in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I really enjoyed the Pepper Tree Retreat. The room was beautifully decorated, the bed was very comfortable, and it was all the peace and quiet I was looking for in a gorgeous natural setting. The people were very friendly and helpful. I was traveling alone and felt very comfortable. There are lots of great nooks to sit outside and enjoy nature while reading, writing or just relaxing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Rolling Hills Estates, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Ojai paradise. Clean, tidy, welcoming and beautiful grounds. Inspirational books are available to borrow & read. Pepper Tree Retreat has a aura of health and best of oneself. Perfect for a single person traveling, or a couple's get-away. Off the beaten path, hiking out the front door.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

As someone who craves peace and quiet, I am used to disappointment when it comes to the promise of "serenity" . At the Pepper Tree Retreat, I finally found a profoundly peaceful get-away. Thank you! I will definitely be back. I loved the Besant room, which allowed me and my friend to have privacy but also separate spaces.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed for a week in a big studio apartment with a very modest kitchenette and fabulous views of mountains and trees. The land is lovely, so quiet. The people who run the Pepper Tree Retreat are sweet and real. This is a very comfortable, not luxurious, place. We'd go back in a minute.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Altadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a wonderful 3 days at Pepper Tree. I had a book project to work on and have always loved Krishnamurti's teachings so combined the 2. The seclusion helped me work and the library had inspirational info to inspire me. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I was in the Huxley room very central so can be a bit noisy in the am, but I didn't mind. Would...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We just stayed at this property this past weekend. Julian was very welcoming! We stayed in the Bodhi room. It is upstairs, and has a wonderful view, very clean, and was very comfortable. We also liked that it has it's own bathroom (I believe all of the rooms do at this property). We skipped other places because we did not want to share bathrooms. The property is gorgeous, and we enjoyed walking throughout it, and visiting the library. The property is lined with organic orange trees which we were free to pick and eat...just awesome! Julian also recommended to visit the Herb Garden during sunset. I'm glad we did. Such a pretty view, and we took pictures of the gorgeous sunset. We can't wait to go back. Hopefully we'll be able to stay longer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple