“We have stayed here 3 times and always liked it very much!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ojai
Pepper Tree Retreat
Ranked #5 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The Pepper Tree Retreat is a really quiet, restful retreat with beautiful landscaping and grounds, comfy beds, nice rooms (each one unique) and a special feeling of staying in your semi-rich, late Grandma's house,circa 1940 but mildly updated. The whole place is very clean and nicely appointed. My favorite upstairs room has an outside balcony and a large kitchen where we used their oranges and electric juicer to make fresh O.J. This historical place, the former home of Krishnamurti gives one a feeling of serenity and peace--no kids, pets,or T.V's are allowed. Yea!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pepper Tree Retreat

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed in the Garbo room off the kitchen during the Teaching Academy at the adjacent Krishnamurti Library. I loved the profound quiet of the evenings. This room is perfect for someone who is traveling alone. Since you are off the kitchen, you get to know the staff well, which is another blessing. The Pepper Tree staff members are friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean. I would take any opportunity to stay at this beautiful retreat once again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2011

There are many nice places to stay in Ojai, but this one is special. I last came here for a retreat and stayed for eight days. The beauty of the grounds is beyond words. The rooms and the building itself are full of wonderful history and information about Krishnamurti. The staff is warm and easy to get to know. The food is wonderful. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The quiet and sounds of nature are still reverberating in me from the week end at the Pepper Tree. One could almost sense Krishnamurti's energy and presence on the grounds!
I will definitely return very soon for some more magic!

Room Tip: upstairs rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at Pepper Tree during a workshop on Birth Trauma.
For me, it was the most perfect place to stay as the atmosphere is very calm, quiet and loving.
The gardens are lovely and the trees filled my heart.
I had a magical few days at Krishnamurti's oasis!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Wow! My experience here was everything I had hoped for and more. I stayed in the Main House in the Chaplin Suite. It was absolutely gorgeous! It had big windows that look onto the peaceful yard/garden/orchard. I spent time outdoors and when it got too hot, cooled off in my beautiful, peaceful room. The staff were so kind and helpful. I especially enjoyed my time conversing about Krishnamurti's life with the librarian, Michael. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to really get away for a few days.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and the descriptions on the Pepper Tree website are very detailed and he...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Had a wonderful relaxing stay in the Besant Room on the main floor. The property has so many spots to sit, relax, read, etc. either in the house or somewhere on the grounds. Elizabeth and MIchelle (the staff) were warm and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast healthy and delicious. I will definitely be back!! E.H. Corona del Mar, CA

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family