Chantico Inn
$379
OjaiValleyInn.com
The Capri(Ojai)
$110
Casa Ojai Inn(Ojai)(Great Value!)
$111
Travelocity
Oakridge Inn(Oak View)(Great Value!)
$96
$89
$61
Travelocity
$110
$94
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$119
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$72
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstained glasssleigh bedin room jacuzzicomplimentary wine and snackspool was heatedmediterranean feelterra cottaother hotels in the areagreat poolthe main dragbeds were comfortablewine and cheeseprivate patiodrawersarchesdiaperspluses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Note to self: Heed warnings given by reviewers on Trip Advisor. Someone else had their room given away, and we thought surely it was a fluke - but it also just happened to us. We were an hour away from Ojai when my husband wisely decided to call to confirm our reserved room with 2 beds for our family of 4. Turns out they had double booked the room and someone decided it was okay to bump us from the room and put us in a room with one bed - and NOT call us to tell us. When we said they didn't have a good reputation on Trip Advisor for this sort of thing, the person on the phone said, "I guess we'll just have to live with that." !!! They offered us the room for free, but 2 of us would have had to sleep on the floor (no cots), so that didn't help. All hotels in Ojai were booked for the night, so we were out of luck - the other hotel they found for us was out of town and not a hotel we would choose. We spent that entire eve looking for another place and ended up in Ventura paying double because of it being "last minute." So much for day 1 of our 3-day vacation. We are forgiving people, but to not even call us to let us know was so disrespectful - all I can say is when you book ahead here, you take your chances.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank rebelbelleLosAngeles
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed at Chantico for a couple of weeks and found, for my needs, it was very good.

I was moved from one room due to a malfunctioning refrigerator and no microwave. Both rooms had extremely high beds (my guess is about 3 feet high - fine if you're a pole vaulter, but not so good if you're only 5'4!). I peeked in windows of other rooms while they were vacant and found that not all rooms have beds this high so, if you think you will have a problem, be sure to ask for a bed with a more 'normal' height! The bed was comfy though and I slept well each night.

Also, the counter level and sink in each room I was in was extraordinarily high - in the second room, it came up to my chest which made brushing teeth awkward!

In the first room, there was no usable dresser at all while the second room had a nice antique dresser with mirror. Each room had only a small, exposed corner railing to hang clothes - no closet or rack on which to put suitcases. The staff managed to find a small table I could use to put one of my bags on.

Hot water for showers was hit or miss as was the internet connection (which was a bigger problem for me as I was there on business).

I did not eat breakfast so I cannot comment on the offering.

Overall, I would recommend this property. The drawbacks were mainly cosmetic and easily corrected (for instance, need to fix caulking around the shower tile; lower height of the counter and bed in some rooms). It is easy to see they are* trying* to create an atmosphere of luxury and elegance (high beds, big comforters, granite tile and counters) but they miss that mark with lack of attention to the details. How about providing a step-stool for helping people into/out of those high beds?

The location is fantastic. The staff very helpful. For me, the positives outweigh the negatives, I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank smj7
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We are a family of three. I reserved a room with 2 double beds this past March for 2 nights June 16th and 17th. When we arrived at 7pm, after a rainy drive and a long day, with my emailed confirmation in hand, I was told that my room was not available and that the best that they could do was one night in one King Bed room and then the next night in another King Bed room. When I asked what happened the front desk assistant said that the person who took my reservation didn't put down a room number on the reservation card. I said that I had an email printout that included the specific room I reserved and was told that room was not available. When I asked to speak with the manager, I was told she wasn't available and that she would call me in the morning. Well, no phone call received !!! Fortunately my husband looked on his data phone, called Hummingbird Inn who gave us a room ASAP!! DON'T STAY HERE, YOU WON"T HAVE A ROOM!!!

Room Tip: Stay Somewhere Else
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jojaSanDiego_CA
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed with large wedding party.22 rooms: Room #1 was the dungeon, room #2 shower flooded bathroom, rooms #3-11 had private front door verandahs with bathtub whirlpools,room. Upstairs #12 had 2 room suite with whirlpool and fireplace and private balcony overlooking Ojai,rooms 13-21were standard rooms upstairs, room#22 was the Honeymoon suite with mirrored ceiling walls, fireplace and large whirlpool bathtub. The outside pool and whirlpool were excellent. Every morning ran out of coffee for the meager Continental breakfast. Staff was short.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1Trader
Reviewed April 7, 2011

The Chantico Inn was a perfect choice for us in that it is walking distance from the center of town (three blocks), there is a pleasant sun deck at the front of the Inn, on the second floor, and pool/jacuzzi area at the back of the property for places to relax in the sun. Ojai is not the place for 24 hour excitement and electrifying night life, so Chantico had exactly what we needed for our stay. The rooms have an eclectic Mediterranean feel, dark and a bit worn but very comfortable. There are shaded little patio seating areas outside each room. The rooms on the ground floor have fantastic jacuzzi tubs in the room - separate from the bathroom- which is a must for a relaxing getaway. When we went out to have breakfast in town, housekeeping cleaned up our room and left it immaculate by the time we walked back to sit out by the pool. We were very pleased with the service and value of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple