“Wow- best place is Ojai by far!”

The Farmer and The Cook
Ranked #17 of 97 Restaurants in Ojai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A cafe-market-bakery-salad bar serving Mexican food using organic chiles, tomatoes and tomatillos grown at the farm. The tortillas are handmade and the sangria is topped with local Ojai citrus. Quite a few vegan, raw and gluten-free offerings; everything else is vegetarian. Lovely outdoor patio with a striped green awning and a view of the mountains.
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I can't wait to return to Ojai just to come to this place again! A beautiful, relaxed low key place serving THE most delicious vegan food. Mexican inspired, seriously tasty(hard to find as a vegan), locally sourced(the farmer is the owner!) food. We had lunch there and just had to return for breakfast the next day. Their breakfast burritos are the best I've had.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We visited on Saturday evening when they serve a evening Special Menu . We reserved our outside table and the food was lovely. I had soup of the day and Vegano Pizza. The service was excellent and we had a great time enjoying the atmosphere. It was very busy with many people arriving and having takeouts. You must have a slice of the Chocolate and Raspberry Fudge Cake its truly wonderful.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

If you are a vegetarian or a Vegan or someone who just cares about what you put into your body, this place is a must for you! Everything here is fresh -- I mean farm fresh kinda fresh! The veggies on my Vegano pizza were grilled and delicious and the veggie burger with the banana chutney was incredible! Highly recommend this locals-kinda-joint to anyone visiting Ojai who craves fresh food with a collaborative vibe and a well thought out creative menu.

1  Thank Julie E
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I love to try different foods in different places and this was different. A vegetarian restaurant in a town I have never visited. It was fun.

The food choice was eclectic, the atmosphere more so. A higgledy piggledy sort of place with a comfortable choice of organic vegetarian delights. The tomato and potato soup is to be recommended and could be a lunch on its own. We also shared a sandwich which I remember enjoying, even though I can't remember the main filling!

Not a fan of the coffee though - you can't have everything.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very nice place, the food was decent the pizza was a good decent portion. The guacamole was really awesome. The best part was the store that is connected to the restaurant.

Been to The Farmer and The Cook? Share your experiences!