“Very cozy, well-maintained. Would definitely return.”

Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I arrived in Oceanside for a business trip without any knowledge of the area. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel, for the price paid. The hotel is located immediately off of the interstate so there was easy access to Camp Pendleton. Can still see the ocean from the front driveway, however. Rooms were spacious and the hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast included eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, bagels, cereal, muffins, yogurt, fruit--anything you would request. The only drawback was the pool closes at 10pm. Overall this was the best hotel I have stayed in this year and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2010

Checked in A/C quit, had to move to different room. came back late from Disneyland. and that A/C did not work either. Staff doubted me and were dismissive. Next day they ended up exchanging ac unit. After 5 days at this over priced poorly located hotel they offered a 5% discount or $20. Skip this place, management needs replacing.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank alyvenwell
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My sister, myself and husband went to Comfort Suites Marina Oceanside for a two-night stay, checking out Sunday morning. When my sister reserved the rooms (2), she used her debit Visa Card. We were both told that the hotel would charge an authorization charge for one night per room on her card and that after checking out, this authorization charge would not be charged to card - WRONG! After checking in, I gave them my credit card to use for my room and was assured that the authorization charge of one night for my room would not be charged to my sister's card. After checking out, my sister called her bank when she got home and discovered that along with the charge for her room for two nights, she was also charged the authorization amount for both rooms and it had already been deducted from her checking account. We both tried to get it resolved that same day and were told by the person on that shift she couldn't help us and we would have to call back Monday morning - I was then put on hold and she never did come back on the line. Both of us called back Monday morning and talked to the assistant manager (who was the person that checked us out). She just kept saying over and over that is was an authorization for both rooms, that it is only a hold and they do not charge if we pay for our rooms. When my sister (and I) explained that yes, it did go through that Sunday, that it was already taken out of checking account, we were told that she couldn't figure out why it did that (she still didn't believe us) and that it would take about 2 business days to drop off account. We had to explain to her how a debit card worked and couldn't make her understand that this was indeed a problem. When I asked to speak to her manager or the district office, she said they are privately owned and she was the only person to speak to. I then asked her for the owner's name and number and she finally gave me the voicemail of the general manager. It remains to be seen if he calls back - in the meantime my sister had to make a special trip to her bank to deposit funds in her checking account to cover this extra charge. All in all, she ended up being charged almost double what she should have been charged. The assistant manager and the person on the Sunday afternoon shift were not helpful at all, did not seem concernced about this problem, and we still don't know when it will be resolved. Would never stay here again - horrible customer service. Hotel did not try to resolve and did not care when we told them we would not come back or recommend their hotel to others.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sjholman
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Hotel is older, and the room shows it. Bathroom door frame is rusted all around. Tub has black wear marks on it, and heavy mold under the wallpaper around the tub. Given the price paid I would not recommend this hotel. Stay at the Wyndam and live with the Train noise, becasue the walls and ceiling are thin here and you will hear everyone walking around anyway.

They do not have wireless internet you get a 2 foot cable to plug into the wall at the desk.

We went to the pool yesterday after the beach and there was a family of about 10 with their cooler eating sandwiches and chips while in the hot tub. The staff does nothing to enforce the rules

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2010

really quiet, but that was probably due to low occupancy. Only complaint was that they wouldn't check us in before 3:00pm despite the fact that they were only 25% occupied!

The room was clean and very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent, especially the cheese omelette.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were in town just for the night with our two teenagers and our two younger children, 6 of us total. With a large group, it's often difficult to find a hotel to accomodate our family comfortably and with one room so we can be together. This hotel was clean and had plenty of space for us. The kids ate at the breakfast buffet (free), but complained that it didn't have a lot of choice. The front desk personnel were nice enough, but were watching TV each time we came and went from the hotel, just struck me as unprofessional. For the price, if you're only staying a short time, I would recommend it. If you're going to the area for a longer nice vacation, find another place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My family had a fabulous stay at Comfort Inn and enjoyed the strategic proximity to attractions such as Lego Land, Sea World and San Diego. Not only that, but having the marina and beach within walking distance (or short drive, if preferred) made for memorable afternoons/evenings near the ocean. We would stay at this hotel all over again!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family