“Disappointed”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Placentia, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for my daughters dance competition. My sister also went with us. I had 4 people in my room and was given a room that had a king size bed and a pull out. When asked if I could have 2 beds I was told that they didn't have any. However, my sister checks in after me with only 2 people and got two beds. Oh well, no biggie. The girls didn't mind the pull out. Our first night was so loud. People running around and slamming doors at 2:30am. Finally at 3:00am I called the front desk and while it did stop I was already awake at that point. Since we didn't have to be at the competition until 1pm we were in our room relaxing and getting ready. When we left I took down the Do Not Disturb Sign. When we got back to our room late that night I was shocked to see that it had not been cleaned. I was really upset so I called the front desk and was told that the doors are checked between 6:30am and 7:00am and that if you have your Do Not Disturb sign on the door at that time your room would not be made up that day. Seriously???? Most people that are in hotels on the weekend are on vacation and to relax. They have to be out of their rooms by 7am if they want them to be cleaned? We won't be back.

Room Tip: Get the top floor that way you can't hear people running down the halls. Don't think that w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherry H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel just last week. The rooms are clean and spacious and we loved having the fridge and microwave. The breakfast was included and it was more than just a continental breakfast as it included things like fresh waffles, eggs, hash browns, bacon/sausage. It was a family atmosphere and the location was convenient to everything we wanted to do - Legoland, Outlet mall, San Diego Wild Animal Park.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon, Indiana
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am here on business working at camp pendleton. The hotel room I have is on the first floor and it is very spacious and clean. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip! It is in a great location for food and entertainment also!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gardena, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and headed a few exits up I-5 to legoland the next day. The hotel is in an awkward location. Not near much in terms of restaurants or retail, but a short car ride from both. Stayed in the family room-3 queen beds 2 tvs, couch with what appeared to be a king.sized pull out bed. fridge/micro.Good, hot breakfast. Friendly staff. Only negative was neither wi-fi nor local connection worked.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tonya2011
Arizona
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've lost count how many times we've stayed here but we just spent several more days and except for the internet being down, it was as great as always. Clean, comfortable and we'll continue making this destination our hotel of choice.

Only downside, and I hope the owners see this, HEAT the pool! What a waste to have such a great amenity and not be able to use it year round.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Macksville, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Oceanside Comfort Suites in California for just 1 night
The rooms were spacious very clean the beds comfortable
There was a problem with our plumbing straight away Michael from reception put us into another room without a blink
There was some rowdy gentleman so he called the police & they were taken care of
After our experience at this Comfort Suites most of the trip in the US we stayed with them again they are cheap clean comfortable & you get free wifi & breakfast staff are lovely

Room Tip: We loved the two queenbed rooms if you can get them heaps of space Get the room facing the carpark...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends