“Very good and a nice surprise for a chain”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #86 of 406 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The service was phenomenal. While all chains have a minimum standard of service and for the most part it gets followed, this Macaroni Grill location is by far the best I have been to. The food was very well cooked. The manager came to our table several times during dinner to make sure everything was fine. The waitress was very attentive making sure had everything we needed.

The food was also really good. I have been to many of the chain's locations in multiple states and this by far is the best.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

So my husband and I wanted to eat a decent Italian dinner. So we decided to go to Macaroni Bar and Grill. We walked in and asked for a booth, I didn't catch the hostess's name but she said "this section you want to sit in is closed". Wow, how rude. No smile, nothing! SO she sat us somewhere else. Our waitress CORA was there to grab drinks and take our order. So she seemed rushed! We ordered our drinks, and we asked for bread, we didn't get the bread until we asked another waiter for it and all he did was say "we are busy tonight". I looked around and said " you look pretty empty to me"...Nothing but excuses!!!

My husband ordered chicken marsala which was good, I ordered the Pollo Caprese and it was awful and so bland. No flavor at all. The chicken was overcooked and dry. I was disappointed. We kept looking around for our waitress CORA to get more drinks and she didn't come back until she saw me looking unhappy and my arms crossed looking around the room. She brought out drinks right before we left. Really? Wow... crazy. Then they had this singer there that should have just kept working instead of singing. If I wanted to hear someone singing, I'd go somewhere else.

Needless to say, never again! It was a waste of my time and money. Worst waitress ever!! Couldn't find the manager to complain not that it would do any good! No wonder they closed a big portion of their restaurant, they are horrible and rude and no one wants to go there.

Don't waste your time.

If you want excellent Italian food, go to Carlsbad and go to OLIVE GARDEN. By far the best food AND friendly wait staff.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Food was very average. (We ordered Chicken Under a Brick and Chicken Carbonara)
Service was poor. (Our server was too busy flirting with another waiter and we were in a rush)
We liked the opera singers that sang at your table though!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having had an enjoyable dinner once in the past, my wife and I tried it again on a Tuesday. Things change, but luckily not for the worse at this restaurant. We were seated immediately by a very courteous hostess and our very professional and courteous server Chelcie volunteered to help us with the significantly expanded menu that, as the French graphically put it, offered an embarrassment of choice. My wife asked if Pasta Primavera was on the menu; Chelcie said "no" but offered to run to the chef to see if it could be prepared "on demand." She came back with an affirmative reply, much to my wife's delight. I asked if a risotto was available. Chelcie said that it only came with a pork chop on the menu, but the chef would be glad to add it to any entree. How's that for service! When we ordered two glasses of Chardonnay, Chelcie suggested that we order a bottle for the same price, and we could take the undrunk volume home. The bottle was huge, over one liter, so we barely made a dent in it. The entrees were delicious and huge; we had to take most of them in "doggie bags." As for the bread; chewey and delicious, truly to die for. Last, but not least, that generous, tasty feast, including the huge bottle of wine, was very reasonably priced. Bravo, bravissimo and grazie Signore Romano!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

They always have great food. It is consistent and wonderful. Then they have specials drinks and food to change things up and we love it. The service is awesome and there house wine is yummy.

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!