“Good food, but other things to consider”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #186 of 390 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We arrived before 6:00 on a Friday night. We were told it would be a fifteen minute wait, but it turned out to be a 30-minute wait. We were ready to walk out, when we were at last escorted to a table. We were disappointed by the long wait, but we were grateful, thereafter, by the very good service we received. Our waiter went out of his way to welcome us. He was very attentive. We were served our dinners very quickly, and we enjoyed their bread, wine and lasagna. Finally, I will say, it was a very busy and loud restaurant; so if you are looking for an intimate dining experience, I would avoid this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Service and food was terrible. We went there because we just got back into town and hadn't been there in a while. Since we last ate there, they sure have gone down in quality of food. Our waiter was too busy to fill our drinks and was just not interested in helping, just getting us in, out and a tip. Food was not good at all. Won't go back again. This is the third Macaroni Grill in different parts of the country that has just gone down hill.

1  Thank Stevensmommy
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were a party of 5. We were seated within 15 min. The waitress was friendly and the meal I inquired about was a good meal (Chicken scallapini). Every one was happy with the choice they made. My child chose spaghetti and meatballs and loved it. The meals were good portions and every one went home full. The desserts were good, the only disappointment is t hat the portions are smaller. Definitely not happy with that. A good time was had by all especially with the singing.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I've tried it a few times and just can't find anything that tastes better than cheap pasta at any restaurant. At like $20 a plate after tax and tip, I can't afford to risk being disappointed again

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've always like Macaroni Grill. The food is always reliably very tasty. I love the ambiance and friendliness of the place. I've never been disappointed.