“Great weekend!”

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Aliso V
“Great weekend!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great little Hotel in Oceanside! It's on the harbor and you can sit by the pool or watch the boats cruise by, very relaxing. We have been there several times and already booked our return trip.

1 Thank Brent J
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thanks for spreading the love for our little hotel in Oceanside! We are so happy that you enjoyed your trip and look forward to seeing you next time.

Adam Della Rocca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Guerneville, California
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This review is based on our experience with the staff! Specifically the manager Adam! This place is actually lovely! However, I've never experienced such awful and unprofessional service from a manager in my life! Here is what happened! My parents booked us a room here for the night of our wedding! Gorgeous room, only wish we could have enjoyed it more as we arrived I think around 11:45 pm and we obviously were a little intoxicated from our wedding! Well not do much me, but my groom! When I checked us in we were told that the room was actually not paid for! Very frustrated that they didn't explain to my parents that they actually would have needed to physically come in to pay, which is impossible as my parents live in Hawaii! So before they let us into our room they made us give them a credit card! Make this part short, we ended up having to pay! But no biggie, it's just that we paid to have a jacuzzi tub on the beautiful patio, however the next morning when we went to use it as well as the shower in the bathroom, there was NO Hot water! We fitteled with the knobs for a good while and I was forced to take a cold shower! Bummer! At check out the girl was not very apologetic and even made a comment that we should have been more grateful as she didn't get a nice honeymoon suite on her wedding night! I would have hoped for a discount considering we had to pay for the room ourselves and couldn't enjoy the main ammeneti! I called later that day after check out to share my frustration and I was told a manager would call me back the next day! Well he didn't, I called him and he Adam, was very defensive and Basicslly thought I was nuts or something about the hot water! He also accused us of vomiting in the room which is absolutely absurd! Yeah we were intoxicated but neither my husband nor I got sick at any point! That room was spick and span when we left! I have OCD when it comes to cleanliness! Adam was sarcastic on the phone and only willing to credit us $35. That is not acceptable! Yes, I became angry and used a few bad words but only because he was so amazingly rude and unprofessional! I'm just schocked with his management skills when it came to this situation! At this point I don't even care about getting a credit! I just hope he realizes what a jerk he was to me on the phone! No understanding, flexibility, or sympathy what so ever! Wow! Really loved the grounds and location! Very nice establishment, but unfortunately unless the staff is professional, I would never return or recommend!! Let me know when they boot Adam!

• Stayed May 2012
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest:
I am sympathetic to the fact that your wedding night was not what you had hoped it would be.
Your parents did indeed make the reservation, but they did not pay for the room. We are not authorized to charge a third party’s credit card without a signature or an authorization form. In order to protect our guests from credit card fraud, we require a credit card and a photo ID on check-in.
As I explained to you in our conversations, maintenance checked the hot water immediately after you checked out and found it to be working properly. I regret that you did not call down to the Front Desk immediately so we could have rectified any problems with your hot water when you were experiencing them. I agree that the Jacuzzi is such a nice amenity to our Honeymoon Suite and we would have been happy to have helped you fill it up.
As far as the credits and the information about your husband being sick is concerned, I had brought that up when you asked for a credit to your room. We did not charge extra for the dirty towels that the housekeepers discovered were covered in sick and placed in the garbage. Our security guard had logged an incident of a guest being helped up to his room and vomiting in the entrance. I had sympathized with your situation and did not authorize the extra charge for your room.
I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I appreciate the compliments of our location and rooms.
Kind regards,

Adam M. Della Rocca

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Temecula, California
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Beautiful view, pleasant staff, outstanding facilities. Have stayed here twice and enjoyed both visits with fond memories. Already reserved another visit, prior to checking out during last visit. Love this location and love bringing my grandkids here to stay and visit.

Room Tip: Nearby dining, none on premisis, but most units have kitchens. Pool and hot tub, with relaxing marin...
1 Thank John J
Dear Guest:
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy that you choose to spend your quality time with your grandkids here. We can’t wait to see you again.

Escondido, California
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We went here for mothers day weekend we were told on the phone it would be $ 185.00 when we arrived we were charged over $200 a night. What could we do we had our parents who had taken the train down. The breakfast is OJ coffee Danish and a banana, not impressed. The bugs were kind of gross,the noise was no fun either. I told them we would not be coming back again,they didn't care.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Guests:

I am dissapointed to read that the hotel did not meet your expectations. It seems the confusion of your charge is due to the 11.5% transient occupancy tax (10% state tax and 1.5% city tax). When added to your $185 rate, this would cause your total to be $206.28.

We offer a complimentary continental breakfast every morning, which consists of assorted danishes, pastries, fresh fruit, juice, and coffee and teas. Many of our guests enjoy the light fare as a pick-me up as they wake up in the morning. We have full kitchens in almost all of the rooms and for those who need something more substantial, our neighbor, the Jolly Roger, offers a full hot breakfast for $4.95 to all of our guests.

We do care for all of our guests and do hope that every guest who stays enjoys it enough to become one of our many repeat guests. We hope you have time to visit again in the future.

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Wow we were treated like kings and queens. Had my daughter's wedding at the resort and could not have been happier. Atmosphere is perfect for any special occasion, the rooms were pretty, big, clean and had incredible views and great prices. The personnel were a big help and were available around the clock for whatever we needed. I want to say thank you to Adam (manager) for making our daughter's special day incredible! Actually it was a 3-day event and we could not be happier on how it turned out. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a view. The view is spectacular!
1 Thank MicheleM777
Dear Guest:
We are so happy that you enjoyed your daughter’s wedding weekend. I am very proud of the staff who went above and beyond that weekend to take care of all the various details that go into keeping our wedding and hotel guests satisfied. Thanks for sharing with us your great experience and we look forward to having you back.

Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Absolutely beautiful hotel and location! The staff were exceptional and our suite very clean. We were there for a wedding and the location could not have been better! Definitely a wonderful 3 nights in Oceanside.

Room Tip: The Jungle Suite is AWESOME!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lauraraym
Dear Guest:
We can’t take credit for the views but I can tell you we enjoy them as much as our guests do. The oceanfront setting is an easy place to come to work to everyday. As far as your stay, I am so happy that it was exceptional. We pride ourselves on our excellent service and the staff work hard each and every day to make memories for all of our guests.

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 17, 2012

From start to finish, our wedding weekend at OMS was perfect! It started off with receiving flowers by Adam to myself and the mother of the bride...now thats how you do it people! I have worked in hotels since i was 16 and never saw that happen. I'm stealing that Adam :) The staff was incredible, Adam, Miles and all the front desk staff helped us, made our stay perfect and the wedding was outstanding. The rooms were perfect, the breakfast is just enough, the pool was great for the kids and the wedding venue made us feel like we were on a private secluded island overlooking breathtaking views!!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the best service and best wedding possible! You rock OMS and I look forward to stay there on our 1st anniversary. To the Brides: This is the place is perfect, I work in downtown at one of the high rise hotels, looked everywhere is the city and this place is the perfect spot for your wedding. we made it a weekend affair that people cant stop talking about. The also invite you back on your first anniversary complementary which is such a great treat. Thank you again Adam, Miles and all your staff!!!!!!! You have turned this place to be the hottest and beautiful wedding venue there is!!

1 Thank Mmoran143
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure hosting your wedding weekend. We are pleased that you and all of your guests enjoyed their time here. Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary.