“Calming for an Ironman weekend!”

Oceanside Marina Suites
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The California 70.3 Ironman is held annually in Oceanside, with the Marina suites being the host hotel. This is my 3rd year staying here and I must say I love the staff. Robin and Natasha at the front desk are wonderful, very helpful with my reservation and made me feel welcome before I even arrived. Robin is an exceptional employee as he remembers me every year and honors my requests, which I find extremely important, since preping for an Ironman race can be stressfull and hectic! Adam the manager, was also extremely helpful and accomodating to my special requests:) The rooms are spacious and clean. The tranquil setting of the hotel is located just far enough away from the action to calm the nerves. I look forward to next year:) Thank you all for another calm stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
radelowgittins, General Manager at Oceanside Marina Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the complimentary feedback. The employees, from the Front Desk to the Housekeeping, all work hard to make sure our guests enjoy their stay. We aim to go the extra mile for our guests to accommodate their needs, especially during special events like the Ironman. Some of the employees arrived at 6:00am the morning of the Ironman event to cheer on many of our guest athletes who were swimming just yards off the jetty, a stone’s throw from some of the rooms. We can’t wait to see all of our athletes and spectators back here next year!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

My two children and I spend March break here at the Oceanside Marina Suites. We had a great stay. The location beside the Marina in the harbour was wonderful. We enjoyed the views and were quite close to the beach. The pool was very nice and the kitchenette in the suite very functional. The rooms were a good size and the finishes nice. All in all an excellent value which we really enjoyed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dan v

Dear Guest,
Thanks for spending time with us at the Oceanside Marina Suites. We enjoy accommodating families and the large one and two-bedroom suites with the large kitchens are perfect for families and extended-stays. We hope to see you back here again sometime soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

What a great little gem!! My boyfriend and I booked this for two nights (AAA discount!) as a little "stay-cation" as I live in Carlsbad. It was the only one I could find that wasn't near the train tracks and/or highway and it is perfect! Sure, the decor is dated, but I really don't want to pay $100 more per night for something I can't tell the difference in with my eyes shut. It's on its own little peninsula, we got a corner room with slightly angled view of the ocean, rounded out deck with chairs where we drank some nice local beers and had pizza while watching the sun set, and then sat in the hot tub and listened to the sea lions barking and couldn't hear anything of the huge people population just a mile or so away. There is even a BBQ area in the pool section you can use for grilling!
They even have a deal with the restaurant that is a few hundred feet walk from the hotel for a $5 breakfast that is a steal. Walk to the marina is a nice stroll for more restaurants and whale watching, etc...
Ocean views on three sides can't be beat!

Room Tip: Not sure about the probably-more-expensive unobstructed ocean view rooms but ask for one on a corner...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Oceanside Marina Suites for your “stay-cation.” We pride ourselves on being an affordable hotel with great amenities, like the heated pool and spa, the amazing ocean views, the quiet location, and our poolside BBQs. We offer a continental breakfast but also guests can enjoy a full hot breakfast for just $4.95 at the Jolly Roger restaurant which is located within walking distance.
Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to hosting your next “stay-cation.”

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at this location once before with my family, since we enjoyed our stay we decided to stay there again. I can say that we could had more fun and better experience if we stayed at the motel 6 down in coast hwy.
I really don’t know what have changed in the hotel management that is causing all that chaos.

I still remember that staffs were much more professional in the past.
Now you are going to walk in a so called Hotel/Resort, which I would probably change the name of it to a rundown Motel, dealing with all new staff members that I can easily say they don’t have any hotel experience whatsoever.

What can I say about rude housekeeping staff, and rude front desk supervisor?!

Since we had lots of difficulties with our room, and the maid services that we got, so we decided to take our concerns down to the front desk and see what they can do for us, that was when we discovered that talking to the front desk supervisor (Tatu) is just a waste of time.
Then we asked to talk to the General Manager (Virginia Watton) and that was even worse. We got her phone number from a staff member, since she was never available throughout our stay in person to talk to.
We tried to call her few times and got no answer, what a surprise!!! After few tries we got a hold of her, instead of helping us to fix the issues we had with our room, she basically called us liars, and told us that she has to look into the problems and that she will get back with us. We left the hotel 5 days ago!!!! and still, got no call back from her.
I would never stay in that place again, and sure won’t recommend it to anyone. There are many other REAL Hotels around that area, which you can get much better service at.

Dealing with rude and unprofessional general manager wont worth it.

At Oceanside marina suites customers mean nothing, and it is a shame because it was not like that at all in the past.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time or money
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jackie c
Reviewed March 9, 2012

after a really bad experience, over a family w/e..lots of problems, left very disappointed, and would normally not recommend it...however, the vip in charge, called me and promised to make the problems good. she explained the company is going through many changes and soon will have much better service all around. if she holds true to her promises, i would give this hotel and it's breath taking views another chance.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2012

In Feb 2011, my husband & I reserved a suite for Jan & Feb 2012 (2 months). This hotel has a "10" location - excellent - could be a wonderful experience - BUT - the suite we occupied for 2 months was dirty & shabby - poor linens, substandard paper products, bulky old TV's, carpets in need of shampoo or replacement. The housekeeping staff are making an effort to meet the guests' needs in a difficult situation. There are unfilled jobs because of illness and management problems resulting in 2 days without any service. The weekly "deep clean" was erratic and anything but "deep." I understand that "new management" is just beginning but everything needs upgrading for this facility to succeed. Certainly not a good representation of the suite we were shown when we reserved. In spite of the excellent location we will not return unless many problems are addressed.

Donna M

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Oceanside Marina Suites and it was a very negative experience for us. I would not recommend this place to anyone unless they want to be treated with disrespect and receive no service. When I asked one of the maids if the housekeeping staff provides service, she simply told me that the Head Housekeeper has ordered no service for rooms, and the only service provided is taking out the trash. I went to the front desk to complain about this manner and a tall African American woman with a bad attitude made sure to rudely tell me that "It is what is is..if you don't like it you can leave." I told her I was dissatisfied with the treatment of customers and lack if service and that my family and I would like to leave. She made sure to tell me that I could not be refunded. Overall a bad experience, will not be returning, and would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family