“Great location!”

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Michigan
“Great location!”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed here for three days, by myself on business and struggle with how to rate it or what to write. So I'll start with the good, LOCATION! This is truly the only place in Oceanside, truly on the water. Most of the other hotels say they are marina or on the water, but really aren't. THis one is. The building exterior and gardens are gourgeous and the pool is very nice, albeit a bit small. There are basically two types of rooms. The normal rooms are large suites with fireplaces and nice large comfortable beds, that face the forest of masts in the marina. THe really expensive suites on the backside of the hotel face the ocean and are much nicer. They have updated carpet and all the trimmings. The room I stayed in was definaetly older and needed new carpet. Besides the stained carpet, the room was very clean. The staff is small and you feel like you are being taken care of by a family, not a hotel staff. Some people don't like that. The no breakfast thing kind of sucked. And the desk was not 24 hours, though I went past as late as 1030pm and there was still someone there. I thought for what you got, the rate was very reasonable. Also, it was a nice walk around the marina in the evenings. If your looking for someplace to walk to the bech from, this is NOT it. Do google maps and you'll see what I mean. Its about a 2 mile hike one way. However, it is close to the Pendleton gate and a few nice restaurants. And still very close to town, the beach and Carlsbad. I would stay again for the rate I got, but not much more. I might even try reserving one of the nicer suites, as it would be a great place for a romantic getaway. Overall, the stay was nice!

Room Tip: If price is not a concern, get the ocean side second story suite.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Birchymm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I travel frequently and I enjoy the peace and quiet that this place has to offer. The rooms were nice. I loved the fireplace. Every so often you get that one person who stands out and makes your stay a richer one and Tatu was that person for me. I hate having to travel during the week but Tatu was so friendly, welcoming, and professional I was happy to have the experience!

On a negative note....no continental breakfast..... seriously!

Other than the shocking lack of quality food or continental breakfast I enjoyed my stay and Tatu thank you for being so good to me, You will be seeing me again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Worst Experience of my Life!! The Hotel Customer Service is the worst I have ever experienced. The Lady who checked me in mentioned how she hates dealing with Guests and was planning to get Drunk the night I checked-In. Also, they charged me $400 fee after I left because my Handicap Friend had a puppy who needs his attention. There was cracks in the bathroom, water damage on the ceilings, broken shades, terrible mattress, ripped couches... I can't express how much hate I have for this business. I am calling health and safety department to show my concerns...

Room Tip: NONE. This hotel would be a terrible mistake if you book it.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We spent the first night in a room that could use updated bed, furniture, and kitchen. We requested another room for the rest of the stay. It was warm, comfortable, and spacious. The staff was wonderful, and was very respectful. We enjoyed our time at the beach, pool, and hot tub. We thank Everyone that made this Christams trip special. Thank YOU!!!!

Room Tip: If you do not like the room you are given on check in-go to the desk and request to see other availa...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here for a spring break trip to Legoland. Very good location for Legoland. About 30 minutes from San Diego. Very quiet location on the Ocenaside Marina. With two young children, we like to stay in suites when we travel. This had a great 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen, living room,, with fireplace. Great set up, and the price was very good in comparison to other hotels. We chose this setup vs being closer to attractions. The room could use a LITTLE bit of maintenance. It was clean, but the curtains were very worn and didnt cover the windows very well.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room, better view, more privacy.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I am in agreement with vdubmark4 regarding the standards held at this property. Although the location is great, Upon reaching the 2nd floor of the main bldg, we noticed that the carpet was dirty/stained, that the paint was scarred or peeling on several parts of the hallway walls and room doors, and there was this pungent odor which became stronger as we travelled the hallway to our room.
Once at our room, 207, we saw corrosion and dirt on the exterior door handle and locking mechanism. Entering the room, we were taken aback by several things:

1) The musty stench was very strong, even tho the sliding door was standing wide open

2) The furnishings/decorations appeared to be original to the structure; they were dated, dirty and worn. Again, damage/stains on the carpet and walls were in evidence throughout

3) The inability to control how much light streamed into the bedroom at night was frustrating, due to the location of the balcony light and the cheap blinds on the bedroom window.

4) All cabinets and plumbing fixtures (other than the toilet) in the bathroom exhibited significant wear/deterioration

In essence, the facility was built, put into use and only appears to have been used as a means to make money without any needed upkeep or updating. This place has much potential however, it would take much labor and love to bring it up to the grand state that it could has the potential to be. I wouldn't stay there again nor would I reccommend it.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel to avoid being disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Wonderful location on the Pacfic!!..I love watching the sunrise/sunset!!..The rooms have a full kitchen, spacious bed and living rooms. The staff was helpful and polite. The beach is a 10 minute boat ride or a 30 minute walk..Ask for Capt Jack if you would like a tour around the marina....I LOVE IT ALL SMILES :)

Room Tip: If you get a two bedroom, make sure its on the south side of the hotel. Great view of the marina..
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family