“Old and dirty...won't be back”

Oceanside Marina Suites
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Surprise, Arizona
“Old and dirty...won't be back”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Our 2 bedroom 2 bath guest room (not a suite) was not as it looked in photos on the website. Way overpriced and very old. Not having ac was okay (cool at night), but no ceiling fans except over dining table. Had to use floor fans provided to move the stale air. The living room carpet was stained so badly that it should be replaced. All the furniture is mismatched and old. Peeling paint throughout. Cheap plastic patio furniture on balcony. The bathrooms were okay, just small. Lounge chairs by pool had worn out cushions. Not enough parking. Continental breakfast selections were poor. My husband felt like a maintenance man instead of a guest having to let staff know of missing lightbulbs and patio door that needed repair.

Room Tip: Rooms on outside have best view of ocean & harbor, Ask about theme rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Fantastic location. It's quiet and tucked away yet just a stone's throw away from everything., My family and I went to Legoland and Sea World and we were close to it all. The hotel grounds are amazing, right on the water. The complimentary breakfast was great considering it was free. Staff was super friendly. The room itself was very clean and recently updated. Hands down will stay again, the location and value is wonderful!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 25, 2011

A friend and I both had standard rooms. We too were fooled by the phrase "cool ocean breezes." My room was facing the marina so there were no breezes at all. There was a fan in each room, but my friend's fan was so old, dirty and beat up we went to Rite Aid to buy our own. Peeling wall paper and dust on literally everything. Late one night there was the most foul odor emanating from my bathroom that I had to cover my nose to go in there. You also have to haul your own luggage up (and down) the stairs. We are both in our 60's and would have appreciated some help. The one star is for the grounds. They are lovely and I think I would have been more comfortable pitching a tent outside!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The location is great - right on the waterside. Local restaurants have a good seafood selection

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed here in July 2011 for two weeks. Beautiful views for sure. But when I went to the front desk to tell them that my A/C wasn't working, they said that there wasn't any A/C...all residents stay cool via the "cool ocean breeze." Right...this means in order to get the cool ocean breeze, you have to leave your doors open - so right there say goodbye to privacy. Plus this lets in every conceivable insect known to mankind (plus all those mosquitos!). I had to drive three plus hours home on the weekend to bring back fans to keep myself cool (there are NO ceiling fans either). Steer clear of this turkey unless you are craving stifling heat. Plus the balcony is open to all the other rooms on your row...and my neighbors kept stealing my chairs and table!!! On a side note my room went TWO DAYS without maid service, despite having the "please service" note in the door. Unbelievable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank okinawadato
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Please was great.. grounds were beautiful.. right on the bay and close to the beach.. Pool was warn & inviting .. BBQ's were awesome! great for families.. huge room with full kitchen.. comfy bed nice view..we stayed in room 208 we will upgrade to a better room next time.. but this room was great. they have laundry on site (1.75 wash/ 1.25 dry) allowed me to get laundry done before we headed home..loved it so much added a extra day to our stay.. so thankful they could give us the awesome rate for a Friday night and accomadate us an extra day.. I will reccomend to every one I know! Hubby is already asking me to book next years trip.

Room Tip: any ocean view room woudl be nice.. or ask about that safari / jungle or executive suites;)
Carson, California
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We recently stayed 1 night at this hotel for a graduation party that was held there for my cousins. It is a nice hotel with wonderful views. We traveled with a handicap person, so we stayed in the handicap 2-bedroom with our patio viewing the water in the marina. It was nice to sit in our patio & watch the boats or kayaks go by. The room itself was nice with little improvements that could be done.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family