“Great stay”
Review of Motel 6 Oceanside

Motel 6 Oceanside
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Made a quick trip out to the beach and didn't want to pay expensive beach side hotel prices. The hotel is less than a 15 min drive to the beach. It is newly renovated and I love the new design. Everything looked very clean, beds were soft, pillows fluffy and enough towels for the 3 of us. We were placed on the back side of the hotel, near a freeway and street, but did not hear any noise from either. It's located next to a Starbucks, Wendy's and a Walmart is up the street, very convenient. The staff was very friendly, I only spoke to two ladies, one while checking in and the other while checking out, but they were very nice and greeted us when we entered the office. The only thing I did not like about the room was the shower, I don't know if all the rooms have the same type of shower, but mine was very small and hard to shower in. It's a compact circular shaped shower, it looks very pretty but is hard to shower in, I kept dropping my shampoo because I was constantly banging my elbow against the ledge part you place your stuff on. But, this does not mean it would prevent me from staying here again. I really liked the facility and enjoyed my quick stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. I am always nervous about booking motel/hotels online thinking they won't look like the pictures. This hotel was very, very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly and on their game. I loved that they had wood floors and not carpet. Beds were comfortable and not hard as a rock like most motel/hotels. Noise was minimal, which I was worried about since it sets next to freeway, but didn't hear any traffic noise at all. Rates very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this motel and will be going back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

OK, so I have never stayed at a Motel 6 before because I thought the walls would be as thin as the towels and sheets most budget hotels use. This motel was a nice surprise. The room was recently remodeled and very clean (and the towels were fluffy.) The floors are laminated hardwood, which are nice looking, but at first put me off until I considered they were much cleaner than carpet. I was on the top floor in an end room, so it was quiet and if there was someone in the room next to me, I didn’t hear them. It has cable, internet, and a pool. The staff was cheery and helpful. AND, across the street is Starbucks! In addition, a block down is a drug store, dollar store, thrift store, and TJMax. Everything is very handy. My only complaint was the door. While secure, it did not have a good seal so I put a towel against the bottom of it to keep out the cool night air. It is not a luxury hotel, but for the money, it is the best in Oceanside.

Room Tip: Room 339 is very quite. Top floor, end room away from highway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Beth G
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a 3 night stay while visiting our daughter & family in Oceanside. Our room was recently updated with new manufactured wood floors, new vanity and sink, new flat screen TV and refreshed bathroom. The bed was comfortable and clean. Our particular room was located on an outside corner and as such was rather noisy of an evening because of the busy intersection just outside. We awake early to start our day and are disappointed that coffee isn't available until 7:00 AM, but Starbucks next door appreciates our early morning business. As long as our daughter lives where she does and the Motel 6 doesn't change, we will return for another visit.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ispdet
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The shower was filthy and the room smelled awful. The gentleman at the front desk didn't speak English, so when I called the front desk and said we didn't need maid service, the message wasn't relayed and the maids walked in to the room while we were still sleeping. The snacks (candy) in the vending machine is completely outdated and stale. The only reason I have it one star is because of the sweet, professional young lady that checked us in, and because its in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank reneehren
Reviewed October 20, 2012

When first arrived, our assigned room was not very well cleaned or prepared. Our bed had an old torn sheet, exposing the mattress. There was hair in and around the sink. The bedspread was soiled. And there was no stopper in the sink. A few calls to the front desk brought an employee with another sheet and a bottle of disinfectant to clean the sink. The next day a stopper was dropped into the sink, but not installed. (I installed it a day later.) The only breakfast amenity offered was morning coffee, but at 6:55am it still was not available. Across the street was a Starbucks we visited regularly as we started our days early. After occupying the room, the maids did service it well, straightening the bed and providing clean towels each day. The bed was made with clean sheets every other day. The only shower amenity was a small bar of soap. The shower towels were the size of hand towels at an upscale hotel. We were visiting our daughter and her family who live very close to this facility, which is why we were attracted to this motel. We could actually walk to and from her condo everyday. Not having stayed in a Motel 6 before, we found it to be a true budget experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Ispdet
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had to move my daughter from Utah to California because she had married a Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton. We had to meet him at this Motel 6 because their apartment wouldn't be ready until the next day.

We didn't arrive until almost midnight. From the outside it looks like your typical Motel 6, but once inside it was horrible. It was dirty, the beds were terrible, the sheets were dirty, and the blankets had holes in them. Because it is right next to the freeway, the road noise was very loud. I literally didn't sleep a wink all night! There were also a lot of questionable people hanging around in the parking lot. The person at the front desk was not helpful and very rude.

I stay in a lot of motels and hotels and usually I am very forgiving and tolerant. However, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family