“average but convenient”

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
South Lebanon, Ohio
“average but convenient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

pros:
friendly staff
walking distance to many restaurants and stores exmpl. Wendy's,Starbucks,7 Eleven,ect.
plenty of places for dog to go do his bathroom duties
I could hook up my DVD player and Xbox 360 for some other entertainment besides flipping channels for something to see on TV besides reruns and idiotic reality shows.

cons:
having the both of us show IDs? what is up with that? and then photo copying it?
security around the place,its a good thing but,then police circling the place like sharks as well.
$60 was not a bad price,but also having to pay for internet too and it was not that great.
little league team kids running up and down breeze way making too much noise.

would I stay here again? only on the weekdays when its cheaper,this place definately is NOT worth 99 dollars a night,not by a long shot.
did I feel safe staying here? yes
would I be leaving anything of valuable laying around in sight? NO!!! (common sense)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arwen_Windwalker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

First of all the last 2 reviews were for the wrong property...they stayed at the downtown location, so don't be fooled by the nice reviews. This property is not walking distance to the beach it's about 7 miles away.

Anyway, we stayed at this Motel 6 mainly because it was close to my Sisters home and we were there for a wedding and were only using this room to sleep, which I'm happy about! The check in cleark was nice and gave us all info needed but that was the only good point. We entered our room and boy was it tiny, I knew the beds were full size beds and not queen so I expected them to be small but the room itself was as small as my walk in closet! No bathtub only a stand up shower, which makes giving a 6 yr old a bath a bit difficult! The floors looked like they have never been cleaned, when we pulled back our sheets a huge spider crawled out of the bed. The next morning when going to the lobby for coffee, the pots were empty, none was brewing and the clerk was in the back talking on her phone and never came to the front to ask what we wanted....COFFEE hello! We walked across the street and bought coffee. Then later we went to the desk to ask them if we could have a do not disturb sign for the door, we didnt want service or anyone in our room, we were told they don't have them and said we could write it on a piece of paper with a sharpe and tape it on the door?? We told her no service please, and when we returned to our room it had been serviced. They also did not provide shampoo, guess it's a good thing I brought my own but some in my party did not.

You really get what you pay for at this motel...which isn't much.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank I4Got

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Ontario, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

My kids and I were exhausted after a day at the beach and I had not made reservations ahead of time thinking it would only be a day trip but the day turned out to be longer than I expected and I was not up for the drive home. I found this Motel 6 after stopping at other hotels (which were either too expensive or had a questionable feel) and was pleasantly surprised at how nice and affordable this motel was. The room was not anything fancy but I just needed a place to sleep and my kids and I enjoyed the pool in the morniing. The staff was super friendly (gave good directions to Denny's and were smiling in the morning) and I felt safe having the security guard at night. I did not think I was going to enjoy this stay (they photocopy your ID, very unsettling) but it was just what my family and I needed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stayed one night at this Motel 6 in Oceanside without reading any reviews (mistake). The room smelled like a sour-egg sewery smell. Quite gross. The bed had holes in the sheets and "magazine" flat pillows. The rug looked like it has never been cleaned, and I was grossed out to walk on it with my barefeet. The bathroom does not have any counter space to place your items. A tiny aluminum shelf above the sink is all the space for items needed in the bathroom/shower area. The sink looked like cigarretts butts where put out in them. The TV was very tiny. Reviews are correct about cop "busts" outside in the parking lot. There was 1 police car making some sort of bust. Cops lights were flashing during the night. In the morning, neighbors speaking loadly oustide while packing and not letting others sleep. My husband and I had horrible backaches all night. The bed was so uncomfortable that it would have been more comfortable sleeping on bricks. Our backache pain was so unbareable that we both tossed and turned all night due to pain. We both got up feeling like we had "partied" all night without any rest. The pillows were so flat that I had a kink in my neck the next day. I did not expect royal accommodations, but I did expect a nicely priced clean-looking motel without the horrendous smell. As far as you get what you pay for, well hard earned money is hard earned money. Decent accommodations shouldn't be priceless. Will not be coming back to this motel. "Please don't leave the light on for us..."

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank sleepigirl
inland empire, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2008

When my husband and I decided on a spur of the moment getaway, I thought we were lucky to get a room at all. Motel 6 isn't exactly the Ritz, but I expected to at least get a good rate, which I did. We were given a handicap accessable room, which was only different because it had a lot more space. The view was of the parkinglot, but if you looked the right direction, you could see some water. The room was immaculate. However, this was the most horrible bed that I've ever slept on. My husband compared the pillows to a bunch of folded up shirts. Both of us barely slept all night and when I woke up in the morning he was laying on the floor because his back was killing him. The next night we slept in a different hotel, along the same lines; the bed and pillows were both comfortable. So, I really don't think that its a case of you get what you pay for. I think that this motel just needs some upgrades.

• Liked — location/price
  • Disliked — bed
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

I had no complaints at all. I noticed some travellers said they were worried about the safety of the area but I had absolutely no problems and walked around at night on my own on a few occasions. Plus there's staff available 24 hours a day and security guards that patrol the grounds at night. The location is quite good because there are restaurants and grocery stores nearby, as well as some shops. It was very clean and had everything I needed and the price was amazing. I was partiularly impressed with the size of the room, very spacious for a budget hotel. Good all rounder!

• Liked — Value for money!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
Pioneertown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2007

We usually stay @ motel 6 on surf trips.... they're reasonable $ clean(usually ;) & they have a hot shower for after the beach...never stayed @ this one before ......The clerk (we called him "Mr. Friendly" ;) asked for my ID & photocopied it ..which never happened anywhere else........ then he said I had to go to the car & get my wifes ID...hmmmmmm?.... somethings up? ;).....parking permit next..@ motel 6?..hmmm again..anyway get our room & head to the beach..get back that night & there's not one ....not two... but three security guards in the parking lot...... I go over to "make friends" .....but they wont talk...;) .........one plus was...... they said I could leave our surfboards on top of our car...'cause they're out there all night :)!!!
Went across the street to check out "Chicks" sporting goods to see what they have (great store btw they have everything) the guy working there asked were we were stayin' I pointed across the street ..he said "they closed that place down for a while"...
after our trip I get home & Google "Oceanside motel 6 drugs prostitutes".......................................yep...;)
BTW the pool was nice & clean :)

• Liked — Hmmmmm?.....pool!....... yeah thats it the pool! :)
  • Disliked — the dirty parking lot/sidewalks....
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank tikibycc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oceanside
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 27 in Oceanside
Vista Inn
Vista Inn
#7 of 9 in Vista

Been to Motel 6 Oceanside? Share your experiences!