“Not bad for a Quality Inn”

Travelodge Oceanside
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Sacramento, California
“Not bad for a Quality Inn”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My family & I stayed at the Quality Inn on 4th of July weekend. The area was completely booked. We had reservations at the Ramada across the street (which I don't recommend.HORRIBLE SERVICE MANAGEMENT SUCKS) However, Keith at the front desk was great. They have a Casino next door. We had no issues with that since our room was facing it. Chinese Restaurant in the same parking lot (that was really good) lots & lots of fast foods (most of them walking distance) Rooms are a little bit outdated and small but was clean. You should consider on having your housekeeping smell the covers before putting them back on the bed (since they don't get washed everyday) because one of my 2 smelled like FEET. You charge almost $140 per night and per room. Management should consider on putting another employee at the front desk to help deliver amenities. Other than that it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
OceanicCompanies, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this review, December 8, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for not having met your expectations and for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We hope you will give us another chance to rectify and to recover your confidence on a future visit.

Best regards,
Lisa Medrano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We stayed one night here, it is convenient to the I5 and also close to a pizza place/sports bar that was nice. (brewsters?) The room was dated but it was very clean and fresh. Plenty of hot water. Fridge and microwave. Coin laundry on site. The internet service was good. The staff were pleasant. We didn't stay for breakfast or use the pool. There is a chinese buffet on site that looked popular, though we didn't go there. Parking was convenient outside the rooms. We didn't find the room noisy apart from the obvious traffic noise you would expect. For the price this was a good value option for a stopover.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
OceanicCompanies, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this review, December 19, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our customer service and your stay here at Travelodge Oceanside. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously, and try every day to provide that quality customer service that our guest expect. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay with Travelodge.

Best Regards,
Campbell, California
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We got a two room suite, which was a great deal: two beds, two bathrooms, two tvs, two closets for the price of one room somewhere else. The breakfast was decent, but the same every day, which got old since we stayed 5 days. Oh, and the bread was stale. The staff was very nice and responsive. Really liked the staff. The hotel is right on I-5 and another busy street so there is LOTS of traffic noise. The walls are thin also, so we were kept awake by guests next to us and opposite us. My biggest complaint was the overpowering and disgusting smelling air fresheners all over our room. We should have been told about them. My nose literally hurt and my husband couldn't even be in that room of the suite. I took the one I saw out, not realizing there were two more. The room still stank the next day so I searched around and found another one and removed it. When it still stank, my husband asked the front desk and found out there was a third one hidden in there too. My clothes and luggage STILL stink. That is how strong they were. Apparently the room was left stinky by guests before us, so the hotel's solution was to provide a different stink.
I would recommend this hotel if noise doesn't bother you. I will say that guest noise was cut down quite a bit during the week, but very loud on the weekend. Guests were coming and going very loudly at all hours. I don't know if the casino next door had anything to do with that or not. The freeway noise was not so bad, but motorcycles along the street woke me up several times, which of course can happen anywhere.
I don't know if you could find anything quieter in this price range.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jac4444

Best regards,
Lisa Medrano
Oceanside
Reviewed February 3, 2010

In simple capsule form....Kimberly and Fred at the front desk...very helpful. Room comfortable. Bed also nice. Shower a little small for tall people but still gets the job done. Coffee in the morning is very drinkable. We will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
OceanicCompanies, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this review, December 14, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation here at Travelodge. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Maine
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Inn not as modern as some nearby, but has more extras than higher priced hotels in the area (treadmill/bike, pool, real coffee, full B-fast). If you're a light seeper, traffic noise and late night activities at adjacent businesses can be a problem. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, but small and have limited TV channels.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and your feedback is truly valuable to better customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Bay Area
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My friend and I came to see my boyfriend and my twin brother, who are both Marines. Besides the fact that the room was TINY, none of the outlets worked in the whole room and the pool was freezing, which upset us but we decided not to say anything because we were at the beach all day anyway. When I came home from the trip, my bank statement showed them charging me twice for the one room we stayed in. The front desk woman was very kind in trying to help me, but the manager was very rude. My bank statement clearly shows that they charged me twice, but they refused to refund me. Unless you want to waste your money, don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarineSister
ca607, Sales Manager at Travelodge Oceanside, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
I am so sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectations as we try to do with each guest that stays at the Quality Inn & Suites. I will go over your comments with the front desk staff and make sure that the double billing does not happen again, and that you where properly refunded.

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Orem, Utah
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This hotel was very low priced, but it was pretty decent. The room was small, but so was the price. There was still enough space to walk around in the room. The fixtures and the hotel seemed a little old, but well kept. The room was pretty clean except for a few corners here and there. The staff was very kind and helpful, and they made me feel confident about our stay. There was one possible exception, which was one staff member, who, although very kind, gave a small amount of misinformation - when I called she said there was a hot tub, and then I booked the room, and after that she corrected herself and said she found there was not a hot tub. The swimming pool was a little cool, but enjoyable. The beach is indeed within walking distance, but it was kind of a long walk. The hotel has convenient access to major highways and I-5. The breakfast was average, but good enough. The best feature of this hotel was good value for a very reasonable price. We would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple