“Great food, selection and service”

Umi Japanese Grill & Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #87 of 464 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Using only the freshest ingredients to provide you with delectably scrumptious sushi and teriyaki! Our mission is simple: to serve you delicious, affordable food that will keep you coming back week after week.
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I always enjoy Umi Japanese Grill and Cafe. Really nice staff, always helpful and polite. I always get the Vegetable Sushi Roll, salad and Miso soup. Good and filling.
I recommend this place!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

The food here is so good!! I got the rice plate and my husband got sushi. We both loved our meals and were thrilled about the price! Great value!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 23, 2017

I wish I could say this was a great experience. We all four ordered the same thing. I was the first to place my order and everyone else said mmmmm I will get the same. When the order was brought out to us mine was chicken instead of steak.. I told the owner/young lady that I ordered steak. She said no you ordered chicken. I said no I ordered steak. She said you did not order steak if you want steak you need to pay me a $1 more. I was like what. I ordered a steak and everyone ordered the same. She said no. You need to eat it or pay me a dollar. So I asked for my money back. Usually if someone makes a mistake they are nice about it. This experience floored me and made me think that this is how California people treat each other.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Good sushi here, nice environment. Not high-end, but good food, good price. Location is great. Park in free parking and walk down to beach after a good meal. Or, walk around downtown Oceanside. If you go Thursday night, visit the street fair weekly. I give this 5 starts for location; otherwise would give 4 stars for food. Still recommend you go!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Me and my daughter went here for a quick bite and the restaurant was small, quaint, clean and friendly. The food great and the wait was about a 10 minute wait.

Date of visit: February 2017

Been to Umi Japanese Grill & Cafe? Share your experiences!