“Would come back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Santa Rosa, California
“Would come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

**I copied and pasted my own review. I was lazy don't judge haha **
Stayed here for the Fourth of July weekend. My husband is training at Camp Pendleton right now, and I happened to get time off to see him last minute. This hotel is super close to Pendleton and it was easily manueverable. I saw the not great reviews and was worried. Of course this isn't the Hyatt, or even a Holiday Inn, but for I was definitely surprised! It really wasn't bad. Yeah, not a 5 or 4 star, and we had an upgraded room so I don't know if that makes a huge difference, but certainly it was better than people said! Room was clean. We had a balcony so my friend could sunbathe away from other people. I really enjoyed the pool and hot tub! The TV was an older Zenith, but if you don't really watch TV like me, it's no biggie. Also, I traveled with my 10 month old. This room was practically perfect! We don't co-sleep anymore, so I brought his pack and play. The room was basically two rooms, and with the semi-walk-in closet, my baby had almost his own little room. Just for that, I'd come again! It's hard to find enough space for baby equipment!! The air conditioner worked fine. The maids came every day and the whole staff was accommodating. ALSO we are from the SF area and we drove it all in one night and showed up at 6:30 AM and check in was at 2. The gentleman told me to call back around 9AM and he'd see what they could do. They let us check in at 2! They didn't have too and it was so nice of them. Of course we paid an extra $15, but man was it worth it!! We needed sleep badly! I had a very pleasant experience. I hope to come back to visit again, and honestly, I may not look for a different hotel first! Thanks for the wonderful experience! PS If you look on Trip Advisor, the manager replies to EVERY comment individually. Even the bad ones! I was impressed with his dedication to customer service!

Room Tip: I got an upgraded room, I don't know if it makes a difference but I enjoyed it! PS No gym equipm...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sparkaroni
JashJaiswal, Manager at Super 8 Oceanside Marty's Valley Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello! Thank you for your review. I do respond to every review because I do dedicate myself to customer service every day, thank you for your recognition. Our TV's are being replaced very soon as part of our renovations which are currently underway. We try to do everything as best as we can, we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

At 3 in the morning I got up to go to the bath room and when i turned on the light there were cockroach I couldn't go back to sleep it was disgusting! I stayed up the rest of the night shaking everything out!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hellogross
Thank you for your review, we understand how a cockroach can have an impact on your stay. We are extremely sorry about this incident, we do have exterminators that come for a routine check up bi-monthly to prevent such things. Sadly, with summer season the bugs do try to sneak in to avoid the temperature outside. Rest assured, we will do a heavy sweep through on the next exterminator visit to ensure this is prevented in the future for all our guests. We do apologize and hope you do decide to give us a chance next time you are in town.

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Thousand oaks ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and bathroom staff were very friendly had an issue with television and it was resolved quickly ok breakfast. Cereal and waffles. Close to liquor store and market would certainly stay here again

• Stayed July 2014
Hey!

Thank you for your review, it has truly put a smile on our faces! We try to be the best hosts possible for all of our guests. We are glad you would come back since we are undergoing renovations and we would love for you to get a chance to enjoy the fully renovated Super 8 Oceanside!
Bonsall, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located near the beach freeways beautiful coastline and casinos are close .the staff is helpful and on site 24 hrs for whatever you need.there's is one individual who works at night named Dean who Is any business owner ideal employee knowledgeable if the San Diego area and attractions and is always willing to go the extra mike for his guests. Thank you staff at super 8

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We will be sure to let Dean know of the compliments, he is an essential part of our team here at Super 8. We will be here next time you visit, hope to see you soon!
Los Angeles, California, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Older accommodations but equal to budget price esp for summer. OK for a pit stop overnight. Pool large and clean. Short drive to beach & dwntwn. Fri night prkg crowded due to conference ctr activities next door.

Room Tip: Rear 200 bldg away from pool and street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback. We are currently undergoing heavy renovations, so the older accommodations will be changing very soon! We do promise to keep the pool just the same, nice and clean for your next visit. Friday night does get crowded at times since our conference center usually is booked, however rest assured that no matter what time of the year we always have parking space available for our guests. We hope to see you soon at Super 8 Oceanside!
Oceanside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great place to stay for the price! Very clean inside, microwave, refrigerator. Close to beach. Excellent Customer Service. My husband left his wedding ring on the night stand and we realized it when we were an hr. from home which we live 8 hrs. away, so he called the hotel and informed them, they called back immediately and told him they found it and we received it in the mail in 2 days! I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

JashJaiswal, Manager at Super 8 Oceanside Marty's Valley Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thanks for your Review, see you soon...