“terrible hotel”

Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
washington
“terrible hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

When we checked into our first floor room we opened the door to blood stains on the carpet outside the bathroom door, dirty walls, stains on the curtains and a smell that sent my allergies off the charts. We asked to move to a new room and had to wait for the manager to inspect our issues. When we finally were given a new room it was on the second floor with no elevator access, so we had to lug six bags up the stairs. The second room was better, but still dirty appearing. When we went to the pool and spa area we found a spa that was yellow green and very coudy, a veritable bacteria bath. All this and the gangsta car parked in the in the parking lot playing rap music with such foul language it sent my children and I running upstairs. Ugh! We may as well have been staying in South Central LA. Never stay here.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything, including the filth.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank aseasease

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Manitowoc
Reviewed June 7, 2008

Very happy from the time of reservation on! The staff is extremely friendly and ready to help, the rooms are newly remodeled, VERY big, and comfortable. Decent location, and easy to get to the beach and downtown by car or by bus.

Only a few complaints-- the rooms aren't very soundproof. I could hear the guests above us walking around because the floor 'creaked', and could hear our neighbors coughing quite heavily at hourly hours of the morning, and the beds have not yet been replaced, but that might still be to come during the remodel.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to others.

• Liked — Big rooms
  • Disliked — Rooms weren't very sound-proof
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago, IL
Reviewed March 17, 2007

When I first made plans for my nine-day trip, I decided against staying in Oceanside because there were no hotels that seemed reasonably priced and a nice place. But, we liked our place in Palm Springs so much, we decided to stay a second night - that meant I needed a different place to stay for the next night than I had planned. I checked some reviews and saw that this place was higher rated than most, so decided to try it. We called, they gave us a reasonable price, and we made our reservation.

Our room was typical of an older motor hotel. It seemed clean and the bed was reasonably comfortable. The shower worked well. Check-in was fine. The pool looked nice, but was closed early and didn't open until 9 AM. I love it when a pool opens at 6 or 7 AM so I can get a swim in before I want to leave for the day. The breakfast was typical of this type of place - lots of carbs, some canned fruit, and some juice and coffee.

The walls and floors of the rooms, however, are paper thin. Apparently the person above me couldn't sleep, as he or she was pacing intermittently from about midnight until 1:30 AM. The walked with such a heavy gait, that it both awakened me and kept me awake. I kept dozing when they would stop, but each time they started, I was again awakened. Also, the doors to the rooms shut with a HUGE bang, so everytime someone left in the morning, I was again awakened. The wireless did not work in our room at all. I had to go to the lobby to use it and even then, I kept losing the signal.

If I was in a pinch, I might stay here again, but I'd probably try to drive a little further and choose something else instead. I just don't know what that is. . .

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank viewsaskew

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 30, 2005

Stayed a total of three weeks in Oceanside, this was the first Motel I stayed at on arrival. Stayed here years ago, looks like past owner sold out, and just not the same quality. Nice meeting room if needed, but found better prices in locations much closser to the beach

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 8, 2005

We stayed at the Marty's Valley Inn on our vacation March 29-30 and one night the 2nd of April. In between, I gave a talk at USC and stayed in Pasadena as their guest at the Ritz-Carlton (5 stars and well deserved but pricey).

The first stay at the Marty's Valley Inn was OK and gets two stars. Parking is free. We were on the first floor in the 200 building which is behind the building on the streetfront. The room was larger than average and quiet. Heating was good for the slightly chilly night. Everything was neat and clean, and the front desk staff were quite friendly and eager to please. However, it was no more than 2 stars because the carpets were quite worn, the sheets were worn, the towels were small and threadbare, the beds were old although not quite bouncy. The bathroom was oddly finished with only one hook for clothes inside the door at the very top of the door. It was essentially impossible to use. The shower was mounted at about 5.5 feet so the head was below eye level. The pool is about 12 yards long, kidney shaped and unattended but reasonably heated. There were a number of palm fronds in the bottom that were not removed between Mar 29 and Apr 2. The breakfast is mediocre prepackaged pastries, bagels and cream cheese with apple and orange juice and coffee, also average.

Our second stay was in the streetfront building on the second floor and probably doesn't earn any stars. There is no elevator and the room opened on a porch facing the street. Street noises were moderately loud much of the night. The room was not well cleaned. There was an empty plastic bottle under the bed and two other pieces of trash scattered about the room. The bathroom had the same odd mounting of hook and showerhead. The staff was still friendly, but wireless internet that worked flawlessly the first stay refused to work on the second stay, and the staff were unable to help. The furnishings and layout were similar to the first stay otherwise.

On all three nights, despite our reservation for two adults and two children, there were only enough towels for three and we had to ask for more, but that has happened to us at 5 star hotels like the aforementioned Ritz. The staff were cheerful and immediate in their response to requests for more towels.

The motivation to stay here is only financial, and we are unlikely to come back given the number of competing hotels in the area. AAA gave it three stars but that is much too high a rating in our opinion.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business