“Excellent stay for an average hotel”

Super 8 Oceanside Marty's Valley Inn
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Excellent stay for an average hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

This hotel smelled great, was extremely clean, safe!!! It was a nice place to stay! It was above and beyond a typical Super 8!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank lullabystar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
anderson ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My daughter made res.4 days in advance for 2 rooms adjoining for the end of July. She was traveling to Oceanside for a family get together with her 5 kids and husband. The deal was pay for 2 nites get 3 rd free. I was going to get a rm for one nite.
She called the day before and the day she was going to check to confirm. She gets there at 2pm and the have no adjoining rooms . No I'm sorry, clerk just saying.. "WE CAN'T BE HOLDING ROOMS " She had given credit card when the rooms were first "reserved"
She called the following day to make sure they knew she wasn't staying there. Clerk said OK and nothing else.

clerk said OK

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank leroy67

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed here for a single night after spending the previous night at the Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort (see separate review) but WOPR has this ridiculous 10 a.m. checkout time so...

Jash at the front desk here was VERY nice--he not only accommodated us checking in at 11:30 a.m. when normal check in is 2pm (and the next day, they also gave us a noon checkout, extended from 11 a.m.) but he made sure we got a ground floor unit as requested with a fridge and micro.

Room at this Super 8 was very basic and the beds were REALLY small. However, the fridge, micro and free wifi all worked great. There was a small private patio albeit floored in astroturf and with just plastic chairs and a chaise lounge, no table. Free breakfast was nice to have but nothing special, about what you'd expect at Super 8: wafflemaker, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, toast. They do have both smoking and non-smoking rooms available and are pet-friendly.

A couple of things marred our stay slightly: my daughter had an ant invasion while showering and told me she saw a cockroach in the bathroom (which I didn't personally witness). The tub didn't drain all that quickly, which is one of my pet peeves. The pool was supposed to be open at 9am but it was locked when we tried to get in at 9:35 a.m, which I felt would've been truly unfair to guests checking out by 11 a.m. and wanting to get one last swim in first. Perhaps most annoying was that we had requested extra pillows when making the reservation (TMI but it wasn't just a frivolous "ask"--medical issues). I went to request some after we got back from dinner and they could only give me ONE more, which didn't really help. In all fairness, I guess I should've gone and asked the minute I noticed there were only two on each bed.

BTW, our toilet backed up during the stay BUT they had somebody out there to fix it like a shot--he was there working on the problem by the time I walked back from the front office to ask for the repair!

This location is not in a bad area but just be aware it really is NOWHERE near the beach--it's about a four mile drive down Mission Avenue. There's a bus stop right in front of the hotel, but I don't know where the route goes. Also, if you don't like Mexican food, which seems to be the five-to-one ratio of eateries in Oceanside, there are very few places to eat nearby. A Chinese place, Yum Yum Donuts and a small market (none of which we sampled) are the only things within walking distance. We drove a little ways, maybe a mile or two, to the east down Mission and found a cute little diner called The Pit Stop that had all-American fare like burgers and hot dogs (but even had veg burgers and tofu dogs!!) at rock-bottom prices.

Best thing about the Super 8 was the Jacuzzi. It was PERFECT--even better than the one at Wyndham Oceanside Pier. Nice and piping hot with rollicking jets and squeaky clean. They claim the pool is heated but I do not think it is. However, on a hot summer morning I was still able to use it with only a little hesitation, and at least it and the whole pool area was very clean.

All in all, I have to give this Super 8 an "A" for effort. This is not a four-star property by any stretch. It is good for a night or two if you're willing to drive a little to save some money. The personnel are very friendly and helpful, especially Jash, and seem willing to do whatever possible to accommodate requests within reason--and that goes a long way toward making a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank EuterpeThelo
Montaldo Torinese, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

I reserved a non-smoking room and even though the sign on the door said "no smoking" the smell inside was unbearable, plus a bad smell of pet's urine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I went immediately to the reception the girl said "I am sorry" and did nothing!!! The carpet was plenty of spot I did not dare to walk with bare feet. I started looking for another hotel although I checked in at 2.00am. Please don't waste your money. Check comments on any lodging you plan to go. I did not, fool of me!!!! The worst stay ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank claudio78roma
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Continental breakfast was late every day and they skimped on everything.
Key to room stopped working two days an on the day of check out, was purposely dropped from the system at 7am.
Toilet plugged up and was told that they couldn't fix it for two days. Gave us the key to the room next door to use. Thanks a bunch.
There were three guest in our room but every day they put coffee and towels for two people. When we asked for more towels, we were told that they hotel had a shortage of twoels because their guests keep stealing them. (Not my problem and No discount for inconvience)
When they finally unclogged the toilet, they didn't even clean the bathroom. The floor was left sticky, wet towels piled in a corner.
And on top of all that, the manage was rude, insulting and argumentative.
Want a good room and enjoyable vivit to Oceanside. Don't stay at Mart'y Super Crap 8.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ft. Worth, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at this Super 8 in April because all other hotels in area were booked. It was clean and the staff was great, so on this trip back I booked again with my family. Again, great service, clean room and pool. Beds are comfortable and my handicapped mother slept great. I will stay here each time I am in Oceanside to visit my family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Picky123
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

staff is great except for the little short india lady. She's mean and doesn't realize that she need to lighten up! Stop trying to over charge people and always take care of your long term guests. They need to get rid of her!

• Stayed May 2011