All reviews waffles room was clean free breakfast pool and hot tub nice pool very nice stay air conditioner a great place to stay fridge and microwave convenient location san diego freeway bw legoland motel cereal ocean
Reviewed September 22, 2005

If you're looking for a nicely presented hotel in good surroundings, DO NOT stay at the Oceanside on Oceanside Boulevard. Although it is currently under renovation, this hotel is depressing once you enter the area. It is squatted between the railroad and freeway, opposite a run-down mobile home park. The rooms are dirty, damp and in bad need of cleaning, (properly). The carpets are so dirty that a trail of towels are needed to keep the feet clean. The curtains haven't seen a wash in years and there is garbage of the personal kind to be found under the beds! It is the worst hotel ever stayed in and until the renovation is complete, (demolition is recommended), try to find somewhere else to stay. Oceanside itself is a pretty seaside vacation town!

4  Thank Pathfinder32018
Reviewed August 3, 2005

We stayed 1 night at the Best Western Oceanside Inn July 26,2005.
Best Western should be ashamed. This hotel was one the worst
places I have ever stayed. I chose a Best Western Hotel because I
thought it would be a clean and comfortable place to stay. I should have
stayed at the Motel 6 for a cheaper rate. It couldn't be any worse than
this poor excuse for a hotel. I will never stay at this hotel again and
I wouldn't recommended it to anyone. With tax it was $104.00 per night.
It should have been $25.00 per night.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank macar49
Reviewed July 6, 2005

We stayed at this hotel 3 days over Memorial Day weekend. We arrived a little before check-in time, and since we could not check in, the front desk offered to "upgrade" us to a bigger room. I could not see that this was actually done, since the room we had booked already was supposed to have a fridge and microwave, but the poolside room we did get was fairly large, with a king bed and small couch. The bed was fairly comfortable, the TV included a VCR and cable. Local calls were free (a rarity among hotels these days). The staff was very helpful and friendly and brought extra towels quickly after we requested them. The carpets were quite dirty, however, and badly needed cleaning. Other than that, the room was quite clean and we were satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank 3hour_tourguide
Reviewed June 2, 2005

This was absolutely the WORST stay EVER at any hotel. My room was #137 and it was dirty, smelled of mildew, unchanged sheets from previous guest (with ear bud controller hanging between mattress from previous guest), cob webs all over, broken screen door, dirty and broken parts on/in refridgerator and microwave, soap scum in and around tub (had to clean self), leaky tub even when shower head faced the wall floor would get soaked causing wet carpet too. Reported all to front desk and said they couldn't help until morning. That morning we were told to pack our things and they would move us to another room as we had to be in Del Mar and wouldn't be back until late. When we got back, the office was ALL LOCKED UP WITH A NO VACANCY SIGN. I was UPSET! Finally a lady showed, but not very nice, didn't want to be bothered. Said they must have forgotten to move us and we were in the SAME ROOM. I was MAD! Another night of AWFUL SMELL, ALLERGIES!!!! When we got to our room it was like they had tried to clean the carpet, it was wet and COLD! WHAT NEXT? Your review, won't be good! I WILL NEVER STAY AT BEST WESTERN AGAIN!

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank Mobile15228
Reviewed February 20, 2005

The room was quite satisfactory and a nice size. The hallway carpeting was dirty and requires general cleaning or replacement. The remaining areas of the hotel was fine.

Our 2 night hotel stay was quite. It was nice having a small balcony to sit on, although the weather was rainy.

2  Thank Quest9720