All reviewswafflesroom was cleanfree breakfastpool and hot tubnice breakfastnice poolvery nice staywould stay here againair conditionera great place to stayfridge and microwaveconvenient locationsan diegofreewaybwlegolandmotel
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed here with family for vacation. The hotel was packed because Comic-Con was being held in San Diego. Even with a packed hotel, the best thing about this hotel was it was very quiet at night, the beds are super comfy and I slept like a rock.
GREAT:
Free wifi
Free breakfast which is actually very good - eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, pastries and the like
Beds firm but not hard, lots of pillows
Close to Oceanside Beach, Carlsbad, San Diego 1/2 hour to 45 minutes away
Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a light out in my bathroom and my phone didn't work and they fixed it in FAST. I went to the front desk to complain and the maintenance guy was waiting for me outside my room by the time I got back.
Exercise room (pro that they have one, but con, also because it is not the best)
Fresh & Easy mini supermarket right next door is awesome if you want to pick up a snack and especially if you eat healthy
Very clean grounds, pool and rooms, don't expect fancy, just comfy

NOT SO GREAT:
Fitness room - nice they have this, but a few of the machines did not work. There is only one treadmill and it worked sporadically. The room felt like it had no air conditioning.

Location - across the street is a mobile home park for seniors, on one side is a freeway off ramp and in front of the hotel is a gas station. Not exactly super views no matter which way you look, but no big deal. It's not in a scary neighborhood or anything, it's just not a pretty spot. But the beach is close (5 minutes away by car) so who cares.
Not enough outlets in the rooms- they should upgrade and add plugs in the lamps like some places do. I had a hard time finding places to plug my devices in.

OVERALL:
Very nice stay, perfect for family vacations, great location, close to freeway/beaches and comfortable, friendly staff, great breakfast and wifi, clean rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the freeway or the pool because it seems to be quieter. You cannot hear freeway noise in the room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hopeh1122
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear hopeh1122,

Comic Con is certainly a hectic time for everyone but I'm glad we were able to find a room for you and your family. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. The team and I appreciate your positive feedback and constructive criticism as it lets us know where we can improve and do better.

Thanks again and safe traveling!

Guest Relations manager

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I made my reservations online 9pm 6/10 for the night of 6/11 & 6/12. The rate was $110. While checking in I signed initialed that amount on a mostly blank paper. They told me it was not their policy to give receipts. They ran my check-in paper through the printer again and raised to rate to $245. 9AM after my first night I discovered the over charge. They would not refund my money for the second night. Get a receipt! Get a receipt!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Beth D.,

I am terribly sorry for the miscommunication. To clear things up: yes, our hotel does give receipts to all guests on the day of their departure. Feel free to email me directly at management@bwofoceanside.com and I would be more than happy assist you.

I apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused you but I hope you will give me the opportunity to resolve this for matter for you.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Well we checked into our room and the first thing we noticed was a dingy smell in the room. Then we noticed a hole inside our bath tub. Then as my family and I we were about to use the pool we noticed leaves and bees all over the top of the pool. I grabbed their net and cleaned the pool for my family and other to use the pool. Then as we tried the sleep the beds were horrible. All I felt was springs.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Michael L
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Michael L.,

I truly regret that you and your family's stay was negatively affected because of the unsatisfactory quality of your room and our swimming pool. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our Housekeeping Supervisor and Maintenance Department to ensure that this never happens again.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to email me directly at management@bwofoceanside.com.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and for giving us the opportunity to resolve these issues.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent accomodations for a family, exhausted after a fun-filled day at Legoland. Mini fridge was larger than expected. Snack and ice machines were conveniently located. Breakfast was great: more than just cereal. Even got my kids to eat scrambled eggs. Seating was limited, but another family was nice enough to share.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Pamela P

Dear Pamela P.,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to know that you and the kids had such a marvelous time at Legoland and that our hotel was the perfect place to relax after a fun-filled day.

Sorry about the limited seating in the breakfast room! We are well-aware of the problem and we are working on getting some additional tables and chairs in there!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed here a week while visiting family. Experienced cockroaches (photos attached) in our room several times. First time our room was just cleaned by 2 maids instead of 1, the next time the carpets and floors were supposedly cleaned thoroughly but wasn't sure. Front desk offered to move us to a different room but on the same side. Opted not to move due to the inconvenience and extra cost to move to a room on the nicer side of the property. Room was dark but relatively clean. Roaches must get in the crack between the bottom of the door and floor, as there is a noticeable gap there. Also, the doors to the outside parking from the corridors are kept open during the day. Breakfast was adequate but the same every day, same watery eggs and sausage patties, no variety. My husband didn't even eat there sometimes. Coffee was weak, opted to get it elsewhere. Had to tell them our room number every time at breakfast, was strange. Perhaps there have been walk ins from the street in the past? Wouldn't stay here again or recommend this motel, but to state some positives, the cleaning and maintenance staff were very friendly and hard working, location was convenient, beach was within a 20 minute walk, there is a grocery store across the street and a gas station next to the motel. Pool and whirlpool were nice. Rooms overlooking the pool are better.

Room Tip: Pay more for the rooms near the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank travellinav

Dear travellinav,

I am terribly sorry about the negative experience you had with us. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and I can assure you that our hotel is regularly serviced by a reputable pest prevention company. Nevertheless, having unwelcome critters in your room is unacceptable. I also understand why you declined to switch rooms - it can very inconvenient when you are on vacation.

Despite these initial fall outs, I appreciate you taking the time to take note of the positive aspects of your stay such as our friendly and very hardworking housekeepers and maintenance staff.

I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention as by doing so, you highlight the numerous areas of opportunity - from our breakfast to our guest rooms - my team and I can improve. I hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future to show you great hospitality!