“Not a place to stay”

Best Western Oceanside Inn
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Well we checked into our room and the first thing we noticed was a dingy smell in the room. Then we noticed a hole inside our bath tub. Then as my family and I we were about to use the pool we noticed leaves and bees all over the top of the pool. I grabbed their net and cleaned the pool for my family and other to use the pool. Then as we tried the sleep the beds were horrible. All I felt was springs.

1  Thank Michael L
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Michael L.,

I truly regret that you and your family's stay was negatively affected because of the unsatisfactory quality of your room and our swimming pool. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our Housekeeping Supervisor and Maintenance Department to ensure that this never happens again.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to email me directly at management@bwofoceanside.com.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and for giving us the opportunity to resolve these issues.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Oceanside Inn

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent accomodations for a family, exhausted after a fun-filled day at Legoland. Mini fridge was larger than expected. Snack and ice machines were conveniently located. Breakfast was great: more than just cereal. Even got my kids to eat scrambled eggs. Seating was limited, but another family was nice enough to share.

1  Thank Pamela P

Dear Pamela P.,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to know that you and the kids had such a marvelous time at Legoland and that our hotel was the perfect place to relax after a fun-filled day.

Sorry about the limited seating in the breakfast room! We are well-aware of the problem and we are working on getting some additional tables and chairs in there!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed here a week while visiting family. Experienced cockroaches (photos attached) in our room several times. First time our room was just cleaned by 2 maids instead of 1, the next time the carpets and floors were supposedly cleaned thoroughly but wasn't sure. Front desk offered to move us to a different room but on the same side. Opted not to move due to the inconvenience and extra cost to move to a room on the nicer side of the property. Room was dark but relatively clean. Roaches must get in the crack between the bottom of the door and floor, as there is a noticeable gap there. Also, the doors to the outside parking from the corridors are kept open during the day. Breakfast was adequate but the same every day, same watery eggs and sausage patties, no variety. My husband didn't even eat there sometimes. Coffee was weak, opted to get it elsewhere. Had to tell them our room number every time at breakfast, was strange. Perhaps there have been walk ins from the street in the past? Wouldn't stay here again or recommend this motel, but to state some positives, the cleaning and maintenance staff were very friendly and hard working, location was convenient, beach was within a 20 minute walk, there is a grocery store across the street and a gas station next to the motel. Pool and whirlpool were nice. Rooms overlooking the pool are better.

Room Tip: Pay more for the rooms near the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank travellinav

Dear travellinav,

I am terribly sorry about the negative experience you had with us. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and I can assure you that our hotel is regularly serviced by a reputable pest prevention company. Nevertheless, having unwelcome critters in your room is unacceptable. I also understand why you declined to switch rooms - it can very inconvenient when you are on vacation.

Despite these initial fall outs, I appreciate you taking the time to take note of the positive aspects of your stay such as our friendly and very hardworking housekeepers and maintenance staff.

I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention as by doing so, you highlight the numerous areas of opportunity - from our breakfast to our guest rooms - my team and I can improve. I hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future to show you great hospitality!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Sorry but this hotel is really old they need to fix their problems or invest a little more money in to it, location is good, some of the personal are excellent some just probably wasn't their day, really old items in the vending machines.

2  Thank Antonio H

Dear Antonio H.,

I thank you for your honest and straight-forward comments. Your observation is accurate: we are an older hotel but we try to give it as much TLC as possible. We recently re-painted the entire exterior of the hotel as well as the hallways and added new furnishings to all guest rooms. So I assure you, little-by-little we are working on straightening out all of the kinks here there.

And I'm sorry that some of my team members weren't at there A-game during your stay. But I thank you for understanding that we are all human and that we all have bad days.

It's safe to say that didn't make a great first impression with you. But I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and giving us another try!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here over the July 4th holiday week. I was very pleased with the location, even though it is right off the freeway, the area is not at all scary and the grounds are very well kept. The room was very clean. I loved that it had a microwave and mini-fridge, so we were able to take advantage of the grocery store right across the street. The kids loved the breakfast (you can't go wrong with huge waffles, eggs, and sausage plus pastries) and the "super comfy" beds. The staff were all very friendly and when we had a problem with the a/c, it was fixed right away. I also was glad that they had a coin-op laundry room since we needed that during our 5 night stay. It is also less than 10 minutes from the beach and as I mentioned, right off the freeway, so it's very easy to get to all the places we needed to visit. We will keep this place in mind the next time we're out visiting. Thanks for the great stay!

1  Thank memorylayne78

Dear memorylayne78,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us during the busy 4th of July weekend. I'm pleased to hear that you were able to take full-advantage of all of our amenities so that you could dedicate as much time as possible to having fun with the kids.

Your positive comments are greatly appreciate and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Oceanside!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. The room was clean, and the staff was great. I passed a maintenance man in the hallway and he even greeted me and asked if there was anything he could. The pool and fitness room were also nice. The location of the hotel is right off the freeway and right next to a convience store. There were restaurants down the street and not far from the ocean. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. I stayed here for business reasons.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Timothy W

Dear Timothy W.,

Thank you for writing such an outstanding review! I firmly believe that I have the greatest team members in the world. And I'm glad you were able to experience that first hand by speaking with Sergio, our hardworking Head Engineer.

Safe traveling and we hope to see you again soon.

Guest Relations

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wonderful place to stay! We came to visit San Diego and chose to stay away from the crowds and visit San Diego daily instead. Great decision! This hotel is close to the store, a Starbucks and only a minute or two away from the ocean. I was easily able to drive to the beach each day, find a free parking space, and enjoy the ocean each morning while my teenage daughter slept till noon. The beach was fabulous- no rocks, smooth sand, and gentle waves that you could still surf on. Ocean was a warm 70 degrees which is highly unusual and best of all, no crowds! Drive times to San Diego were minimal when no traffic (mid day to late evening). Will def return to Oceanside and this hotel for future visits!

4  Thank Tracy M
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Tracy M,

Thank you for your review It seems like you certainly had an excellent vacation here in Oceanside. The City of Oceanside is a hidden gem and has one of the best beaches in the country so I'm glad you and your family were able to take full advantage of it.

We look forward to seeing you all again on your next trip to Oceanside.