“Good experience”

Best Western Oceanside Inn
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here over the July 4th holiday week. I was very pleased with the location, even though it is right off the freeway, the area is not at all scary and the grounds are very well kept. The room was very clean. I loved that it had a microwave and mini-fridge, so we were able to take advantage of the grocery store right across the street. The kids loved the breakfast (you can't go wrong with huge waffles, eggs, and sausage plus pastries) and the "super comfy" beds. The staff were all very friendly and when we had a problem with the a/c, it was fixed right away. I also was glad that they had a coin-op laundry room since we needed that during our 5 night stay. It is also less than 10 minutes from the beach and as I mentioned, right off the freeway, so it's very easy to get to all the places we needed to visit. We will keep this place in mind the next time we're out visiting. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank memorylayne78
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear memorylayne78,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us during the busy 4th of July weekend. I'm pleased to hear that you were able to take full-advantage of all of our amenities so that you could dedicate as much time as possible to having fun with the kids.

Your positive comments are greatly appreciate and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Oceanside!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. The room was clean, and the staff was great. I passed a maintenance man in the hallway and he even greeted me and asked if there was anything he could. The pool and fitness room were also nice. The location of the hotel is right off the freeway and right next to a convience store. There were restaurants down the street and not far from the ocean. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. I stayed here for business reasons.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Timothy W

Dear Timothy W.,

Thank you for writing such an outstanding review! I firmly believe that I have the greatest team members in the world. And I'm glad you were able to experience that first hand by speaking with Sergio, our hardworking Head Engineer.

Safe traveling and we hope to see you again soon.

Guest Relations

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wonderful place to stay! We came to visit San Diego and chose to stay away from the crowds and visit San Diego daily instead. Great decision! This hotel is close to the store, a Starbucks and only a minute or two away from the ocean. I was easily able to drive to the beach each day, find a free parking space, and enjoy the ocean each morning while my teenage daughter slept till noon. The beach was fabulous- no rocks, smooth sand, and gentle waves that you could still surf on. Ocean was a warm 70 degrees which is highly unusual and best of all, no crowds! Drive times to San Diego were minimal when no traffic (mid day to late evening). Will def return to Oceanside and this hotel for future visits!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Tracy M
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Tracy M,

Thank you for your review It seems like you certainly had an excellent vacation here in Oceanside. The City of Oceanside is a hidden gem and has one of the best beaches in the country so I'm glad you and your family were able to take full advantage of it.

We look forward to seeing you all again on your next trip to Oceanside.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were visiting family for a couple of days, and this provided us with a comfortable bed, clean sheets, and clean room. It met our needs completely. Food was well balanced, and very good. Close by all the places we needed to visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley C

Dear Shirley C.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review here on TripAdvisor. I hope you had a wonderful time visiting your family in Oceanside.

Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

It is an amazing cool relaxing hotel. Plus, it less than a mile from the beach, the sprinter station, and right off the freeway. What I enjoyed the most is that it is quite and comfortable, and the staff is every helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tezcatlipoca1,

Thank you for writing such a positive review and for giving us a perfect 5-star rating! Reading your comments and seeing descriptions such as "comfortable" rooms and "helpful" staff let's my team and I know that we accomplished our goal of making sure that you a terrific stay.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

"Average" has taken a hit as a descriptor recently, but it's not an insult, even in a hyperbole-driven world. If you're like me, you have an expectation when it comes to staying in a Best Western hotel. You expect reasonable customer service, clean rooms, a good price, and a breakfast that you won't write home about, but one that will get your day started.

You expect average. And average is exactly what you'll get at the Oceanside Inn. The building's on the old side. The plumbing isn't great. The carpet isn't gorgeous. The bed isn't luxurious. But everything is average. That is to say, nothing is BAD. And when I stay in a Best Western, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Nothing bad. And nothing bad is exactly what I got.

It's time we began celebrating average again. You could do a lot worse.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony B

Dear Anthony B.,

I'll be quite honest: your review had me stumped. Normally when I see a guest describe our hotel as "average", I get a mini heart-attack and I can't help thinking, "Did something go wrong? Did we fail to provide an excellent experience".

But your words definitely ring with truths: average is not a bad word but with the rise of technology, social media, and a competitive market, it had developed a negative connotation. In a way, "average" is a compliment. When you booked your room, you expected a clean room and a quiet atmosphere so you can sleep and relax. And that is exactly what you got. And really, isn't that what we ALL expect when we stay at a hotel? Perhaps that is why every hotel works so hard to go above-and-beyond expectations to set themselves apart from the grain.

Reading your review, I know we could have done better for you. I'm sorry about the carpet in your room and for the slow plumbing. I will continue to train my team and to work on our shortcomings. It is my hope that the next time you stay with us, you will consider us above-average. (Maybe even "excellent"!). :)

Thank you again for your review. It was very refreshing to read and certainly got me thinking about what "average" really means and how our hotel can be better than just average.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is right off of the 5 Freeway, but you really don't realize that. The beach is a very short distance from the hotel. Hotel is clean. Pool and spa are clean. Hotel staff has always been friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice -- plenty of options.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 471henryb
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear 471henryb,

Thank you for writing such a great review and for choosing to stay with us again. It's great to know that our clean rooms, friendly staff, and delicious complimentary breakfast is what keeps you coming back. And as you noted, our hotel has such a peaceful atmosphere despite our proximity to the freeway. It's a great surprise for all of our guests.

We look forward to accommodating you for all of your future trips to Oceanside.