Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$236
$219
Days Inn by Wyndham Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$125
$99
$209
Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside / San Diego(Oceanside)
$148
$359
$323
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$318
$288
$207
Hotelpower.com
TripAdvisor
Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort(Oceanside)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanfree breakfastpool and hot tubnice breakfastnice poolvery nice staywould stay here againair conditionera great place to stayfridge and microwaveconvenient locationsan diegofreewaybwlegolandmotel
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wonderful place to stay! We came to visit San Diego and chose to stay away from the crowds and visit San Diego daily instead. Great decision! This hotel is close to the store, a Starbucks and only a minute or two away from the ocean. I was easily able to drive to the beach each day, find a free parking space, and enjoy the ocean each morning while my teenage daughter slept till noon. The beach was fabulous- no rocks, smooth sand, and gentle waves that you could still surf on. Ocean was a warm 70 degrees which is highly unusual and best of all, no crowds! Drive times to San Diego were minimal when no traffic (mid day to late evening). Will def return to Oceanside and this hotel for future visits!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Tracy M
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Tracy M,

Thank you for your review It seems like you certainly had an excellent vacation here in Oceanside. The City of Oceanside is a hidden gem and has one of the best beaches in the country so I'm glad you and your family were able to take full advantage of it.

We look forward to seeing you all again on your next trip to Oceanside.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were visiting family for a couple of days, and this provided us with a comfortable bed, clean sheets, and clean room. It met our needs completely. Food was well balanced, and very good. Close by all the places we needed to visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley C

Dear Shirley C.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review here on TripAdvisor. I hope you had a wonderful time visiting your family in Oceanside.

Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

It is an amazing cool relaxing hotel. Plus, it less than a mile from the beach, the sprinter station, and right off the freeway. What I enjoyed the most is that it is quite and comfortable, and the staff is every helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tezcatlipoca1,

Thank you for writing such a positive review and for giving us a perfect 5-star rating! Reading your comments and seeing descriptions such as "comfortable" rooms and "helpful" staff let's my team and I know that we accomplished our goal of making sure that you a terrific stay.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

"Average" has taken a hit as a descriptor recently, but it's not an insult, even in a hyperbole-driven world. If you're like me, you have an expectation when it comes to staying in a Best Western hotel. You expect reasonable customer service, clean rooms, a good price, and a breakfast that you won't write home about, but one that will get your day started.

You expect average. And average is exactly what you'll get at the Oceanside Inn. The building's on the old side. The plumbing isn't great. The carpet isn't gorgeous. The bed isn't luxurious. But everything is average. That is to say, nothing is BAD. And when I stay in a Best Western, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Nothing bad. And nothing bad is exactly what I got.

It's time we began celebrating average again. You could do a lot worse.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony B

Dear Anthony B.,

I'll be quite honest: your review had me stumped. Normally when I see a guest describe our hotel as "average", I get a mini heart-attack and I can't help thinking, "Did something go wrong? Did we fail to provide an excellent experience".

But your words definitely ring with truths: average is not a bad word but with the rise of technology, social media, and a competitive market, it had developed a negative connotation. In a way, "average" is a compliment. When you booked your room, you expected a clean room and a quiet atmosphere so you can sleep and relax. And that is exactly what you got. And really, isn't that what we ALL expect when we stay at a hotel? Perhaps that is why every hotel works so hard to go above-and-beyond expectations to set themselves apart from the grain.

Reading your review, I know we could have done better for you. I'm sorry about the carpet in your room and for the slow plumbing. I will continue to train my team and to work on our shortcomings. It is my hope that the next time you stay with us, you will consider us above-average. (Maybe even "excellent"!). :)

Thank you again for your review. It was very refreshing to read and certainly got me thinking about what "average" really means and how our hotel can be better than just average.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is right off of the 5 Freeway, but you really don't realize that. The beach is a very short distance from the hotel. Hotel is clean. Pool and spa are clean. Hotel staff has always been friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice -- plenty of options.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 471henryb
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear 471henryb,

Thank you for writing such a great review and for choosing to stay with us again. It's great to know that our clean rooms, friendly staff, and delicious complimentary breakfast is what keeps you coming back. And as you noted, our hotel has such a peaceful atmosphere despite our proximity to the freeway. It's a great surprise for all of our guests.

We look forward to accommodating you for all of your future trips to Oceanside.