Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
$219
$209
Coast Inn(Oceanside)
$109
$177
  • Pool
Harbor Inn & Suites Oceanside / San Diego(Oceanside)
$148
$144
$359
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$269
Hotelpower.com
Orbitz.com
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanfree breakfastpool and hot tubnice breakfastnice poolvery nice staywould stay here againair conditionera great place to stayfridge and microwaveconvenient locationsan diegofreewaybwlegolandmotel
Reviewed June 23, 2014

It is an amazing cool relaxing hotel. Plus, it less than a mile from the beach, the sprinter station, and right off the freeway. What I enjoyed the most is that it is quite and comfortable, and the staff is every helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Tezcatlipoca1,

Thank you for writing such a positive review and for giving us a perfect 5-star rating! Reading your comments and seeing descriptions such as "comfortable" rooms and "helpful" staff let's my team and I know that we accomplished our goal of making sure that you a terrific stay.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

"Average" has taken a hit as a descriptor recently, but it's not an insult, even in a hyperbole-driven world. If you're like me, you have an expectation when it comes to staying in a Best Western hotel. You expect reasonable customer service, clean rooms, a good price, and a breakfast that you won't write home about, but one that will get your day started.

You expect average. And average is exactly what you'll get at the Oceanside Inn. The building's on the old side. The plumbing isn't great. The carpet isn't gorgeous. The bed isn't luxurious. But everything is average. That is to say, nothing is BAD. And when I stay in a Best Western, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Nothing bad. And nothing bad is exactly what I got.

It's time we began celebrating average again. You could do a lot worse.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony B

Dear Anthony B.,

I'll be quite honest: your review had me stumped. Normally when I see a guest describe our hotel as "average", I get a mini heart-attack and I can't help thinking, "Did something go wrong? Did we fail to provide an excellent experience".

But your words definitely ring with truths: average is not a bad word but with the rise of technology, social media, and a competitive market, it had developed a negative connotation. In a way, "average" is a compliment. When you booked your room, you expected a clean room and a quiet atmosphere so you can sleep and relax. And that is exactly what you got. And really, isn't that what we ALL expect when we stay at a hotel? Perhaps that is why every hotel works so hard to go above-and-beyond expectations to set themselves apart from the grain.

Reading your review, I know we could have done better for you. I'm sorry about the carpet in your room and for the slow plumbing. I will continue to train my team and to work on our shortcomings. It is my hope that the next time you stay with us, you will consider us above-average. (Maybe even "excellent"!). :)

Thank you again for your review. It was very refreshing to read and certainly got me thinking about what "average" really means and how our hotel can be better than just average.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is right off of the 5 Freeway, but you really don't realize that. The beach is a very short distance from the hotel. Hotel is clean. Pool and spa are clean. Hotel staff has always been friendly and helpful. Breakfast is nice -- plenty of options.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 471henryb
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear 471henryb,

Thank you for writing such a great review and for choosing to stay with us again. It's great to know that our clean rooms, friendly staff, and delicious complimentary breakfast is what keeps you coming back. And as you noted, our hotel has such a peaceful atmosphere despite our proximity to the freeway. It's a great surprise for all of our guests.

We look forward to accommodating you for all of your future trips to Oceanside.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have stayed here once before. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Friendly staff and helpful. They have an adequate breakfast. Only complaint was no water available to drink at breakfast. They were having some construction going on.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear BeachMom91362,

Thanks for returning to stay us! It's great to know that the entire family had a comfortable stay. I am sorry though that you were unable to have water during your breakfast. We do have a pitcher of water available during breakfast but I will remind our Breakfast Server to re-fill it regularly and to make sure it is visible.

In regards to the construction you noted in your review we were actually renovating our restrooms next to our breakfast room. The construction is now complete and we now have two new, beautiful restrooms and a pre-function area for all of our guests to enjoy.

Thank you for your review and safe travels!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This isn't my first stay here, or the second or third. I keep coming back when I need a breath of sea air, and a friendly place to stay. The staff here is always helpful, the breakfast is more than adequate.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Hello Marian S.,

It was such a pleasure seeing you again this weekend! I always love hearing about the exotic animals you work with as a volunteer.

And thanks for choosing the BEST WESTERN Oceanside as your escape from the hot temperatures of Palm Springs. Our outdoor pool, cool ocean breeze, and beautiful sunshine always welcome you with wide, open arms.

Thanks and we look forward to having you stay with us again - whether it be your 7th or 100th stay with us!