All reviewswafflesroom was cleanfree breakfastpool and hot tubnice poolvery nice stayair conditionera great place to stayfridge and microwaveconvenient locationsan diegofreewaybwlegolandmotelcerealocean
Reviewed May 19, 2014

An older but nicely updated property. Very clean and comfortable. Easy to get to the Oceanside and Carlsbad beaches and restauants and convinent to the I-5 freeway. Would definitely recommend it for couples and famlies that want an inexpensive, convienent beach getaway.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWOceansideInn, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Pete P,

Our hotel is a bit on the older side but the team and I definitely invest a lot of TLC to keep it looking beautiful. And it's a great hotel for all types of travelers - families, couples, and business. And by staying at our hotel, everyone gets great access to Oceanside's beaches, shops, and restaurants - all for a great price!

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Staff was friendly, room was clean...would stay again, It was actually our second stay. We are from Florida visiting a son at Camp Pendleton returning from deployment. Location was also easy to get to from interstate.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Diane B,

It is an honor to serve the friends and families of those who serve our country. So THANK YOU to your son who recently returned from deployment. I hope you had a pleasant reunion with him at Camp Pendleton

Take care and safe traveling.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great motel. Super friendly staff. Comfortable and clean, with nice sized rooms. Very pretty landscaping too. What more could you ask? We would not hesitate to stay at this motel again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Joe C,

Thanks for the review! It's great to read our hotel exceeded your expectations in every way, shape, and form. And thanks for the compliment in regards to our landscaping. Our gardener, Mr. Hernandez, does such a great job!

Take care and we can't wait to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

The room wasn't bad, bed was very nice, then at 07:00 the racket started, they were grinding the parking lot right under our window, would have been nice if we had been told to expect it... That was bad enough but the kicker was the front desk calling at 08:40 to say they were working on the parking lot!! ( like I didn't notice) and saying I had to move my car!! There was no where else to park so basically we were kicked out of the hotel at 08:45 am when check out was at 11:00, not happy what so ever, even had to walk on the planter to turn in room keys because the entry was blocked!! I will pay a little more and stay at the Marriott next time they care about their guests!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott B
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Scott B.,

At this point at time, I know saying "sorry" will do little to ease your anger over the unsatisfactory stay you had with us. But nevertheless, I sincerely do apologize.

Repaving our parking lot was just part of our plan to maintain our hotel so that it may continue to look beautiful for you and all of our future guests. However, we failed to consider the impact that it would have on your vacation. Being waken by construction noise so early in the morning is NOT the way our guests should have to start their morning. And the fact that you felt like you were kicked at at 8:45AM is unacceptable. I am taking full responsibility for this oversight and in consideration to you, I have gone ahead and refunded your stay with us. And in the hopes that you will consider giving BEST WESTERN one more chance, I have also posted double points to your account.

Again, I am terribly sorry for this experience but if you wish to discuss this matter further with me, please email me at managemetn@bwofoceanside.com

Reviewed April 28, 2014

awesome! we had a small problem, FIXED IMMEDIATELY! we were not in room except to sleep, watched tv minimally. Did not access internet, LOVE breakfast provided, close to all the stuff we needed, VERY EASY freeway access.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott H

Dear Scott H,

Thanks for writing such an enthusiastic review! I'm glad to know that my team was quick and efficient in resolving your problem. We understand that our guests just want to focus on relaxing and having fun with their friends and family which is why we try our best to enforce a prompt response time to all issues.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you stop by Oceanside!