“Oceanside”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Oceanside”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This hotel is a short drive away from the beach and down-town shopping. It is easy to find parking close to the pier to go for a walk and and a short drive away from Carlsbad. It is excellent value for this location. It has a nice pool and spa to relax in and it has easy accessible rooms on the ground floor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Felix T,

Thank you for your review. It was great to read that you enjoyed spending time at the beach just down the street and that you were also able to go shopping in downtown Oceanside. Our hotel's location offers easy access to all of these popular destinations.

Take care and see you again soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Finnish first
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed one night while on my way to San Diego for a business conference. The hotel is located right off the freeway for an easy on/off. The staff was friendly, my room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good. The noise from the nearby freeway was a little loud, but I got used to it. When I checked out I inadvertently left an item behind in my room. I called to inquire about it 2 days later, but was told that no lost items had been turned in. Really??

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the freeway.
1 Thank 805hiker
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear 805hiker,

I'm really sorry to hear that we were unable to find your beloved mug. My team and I always try our best to return forgotten items to their rightful owner. So I apologize that we were unable to to locate it when you called us the other day. To make it up to you, we will be more than happy to buy you a new mug! Please email me directly at management@bwofoceanside.com to discuss further details.

Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great Hotel, I loved my stay here, there's not much to say, just that I was worth what I paid for. Great brekfast and clean rooms. Location is good for what I needed. I didn't get to use the pool, but that's ok.

Dear Arturo A,

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully during your next stay, you'll be able to use the pool. It's one of our most popular amenities!

Guest Relations manager
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am finally getting around to writing a stellar review for this lovely hotel, which I have stayed at numerous times now. Every time I have stayed here, the staff are extremely friendly, courteous, and helpful. The grounds are very well-kept, the rooms are very clean, and the location is very convenient (within a mile to the water and the main road through town, and right off the I-5 for easy access from the freeway -- there is no noise from the main road or freeway in the rooms); there is also a gas station and neighborhood market (Fresh and Easy) located next door. Our recent stay here was only one night, unfortunately, and we had called ahead of time to ask for a very special request, which they accommodated courteously and expeditiously. We were pleased on this last visit to see they had made a few upgrades to the hotel: exterior paint, the lobby looked updated (if I am correct), up-to-date exterior lights above the patios/balconies, and some small details in the rooms like framed Oceanside photos and some nice additions to the bathrooms. I feel this is a great hotel if needed for just one night or a multiple night stay for a vacation (I have done both). The rooms are also quite quiet, and not much noise can be heard from the hallway. The breakfast spread in the morning is presently very nicely with a great selection. I have only stayed with my significant other, but have seen families there each time I visit, and the children seem to enjoy the hotel as well (particularly the pool area!). My only suggestion to the hotel would be maybe to add a chair to the patios/balconies to relax on while getting some fresh air. :) I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Room Tip: I really prefer the rooms facing the pool, it adds some nice ambiance while hanging out outside on t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Devon F.,

I am just speechless. Thank you for the lovely review! Reading all of the amazing things you had to say about the hotel and my team members certainly made my day!

First and foremost, it's always great to know that our clean accommodations and helpful and outgoing staff is what encourages our guests to chose to stay with us again and again. My team and I strive for perfection and we are definite clean freaks, which is why many of our guests deem our hotel as absolutely "spotless".

Many are often wary of staying with us once they see how close we are to the freeway. But I'm sure your review review will ease this fear for many of our future guests; Freeway/street noise is minimal and no sound can be heard from inside the rooms.

When it comes to choosing a hotel for a vacation it always comes down to location, location, location. And Location is a category our hotel consistently receives top marks in. As you noted, we are just minutes away from the beach, restaurants, and shops along with popular attractions such as Legoland and the Safari Park.

And thank you for commenting upon the recent upgrades we have done. We just recently completed a major renovation and the team and I invested a lot of blood, sweat, and TEARS to improve our hotel. The moment you pull into the parking lot, everything you see is brand new: new exterior paint, new landscaping, complete remodeling of our lobby with new furniture, and even a BRAND NEW breakfast room (which our breakfast room server is very happy about :] ). These changes can also be seen in the guests rooms from the new paint and flat screen TV's to the updated furniture.

With the renovations completed, we can now begin focusing on other aspects of our hotel. And I will definitely make sure to share your suggestion about adding chairs in the balconies with our General Manager.

Devon F., thank you again for such an outstanding review. It's because of such nice people like you who make me look forward to going to work every day. And while I'm sorry you were only able to stay just one night with us this past week, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the summer when the weather in Oceanside is PERFECT!

phoenix, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

place is amazing , very roomy spacious pool clean hot tub perfect access to all including breakfast just perfect. The staff very pleasant and the location perfect the area has the best little beach towns minutes away as well as quick hwy access loved it the pool side rooms are perfect for family fun and relaxtion

Dear Don M.

Thank you very much for writing such a great review! Our location is indeed second-to-none. Many guests find nearby cities like San Diego too crowded and busy. Oceanside is truly a hidden gem as it centrally located between Legoland in Carlsbad and the San Diego Zoo & Safari Parks. I've even had guests going to Disneyland chose to stay with us rather than stay in Anaheim because of our reasonable price, convenient amenities, and easy access to the I-5.

What's also great about Oceanside is that it a quaint little surf/beach town with many mom & pop style businesses and restaurants. It's always exciting to explore downtown Oceanside because you always find some new and exciting. Walking down to the pier to listen to street musicians or to grab a cup of Italian gelato on a perfect summer day is always the highlight of my day after I get off work.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Dayton, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel is older and in need of some physical repairs, but the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Nice pool and hot tub area. Plenty of parking and there is a market within walking distance. It is right off the freeway, but I never noticed any noise from it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Brandy R.,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We like to refer to our hotel as a "grandfather hotel" - a bit old but with plenty of character and history. However, we are constantly trying to make improvement to our hotel. Most recently, we just completed a major renovation in the Fall of 2013 to update our overall look.

Like you, many of our guests have noted how surprisingly quiet the hotel is despite our close proximity to the freeway. And I was happy to read that you had a peaceful stay.

Take care and we hope to see you again soon.

Seattle, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our stay was okay, the room was fine the bathroom was large the toilet seat hinge was broken when we arrived but they fixed it but they replace it with a cheap plastic hinge which will break again soon. The room was clean and not to noisy. The new breakfast room was nice the food okay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Steven G,

While I'm pleased to know that my Head Engineer promptly fixed the broken toilet seat hinge in your bathroom, I'm sorry that the repair was not to your satisfaction. I hope that this minor inconvenience will not stop you from giving our hotel one more chance in the future to make a favorable impression upon you and your family.