“Very clean hotel”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Bourne, Massachusetts
“Very clean hotel”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights while visiting my brother. The hotel is very clean, comfy beds, great internet. Room also included small fridge, microwave and coffee maker with the fixings. The breakfast had a waffle maker, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins, toast and coffee, tea and juices. Great breakfast!!! We sat around the pool during the morning. The lobby had nice furniture and a computer for personal use. There is also a fitness room for use. We walked right next door to a Fresh and Easy supermarket for a quick dinner to take back to the room. Maid was very accommodating when asked for an extra blanket and gave us two. Manager called a cab for us upon departure. Very nice hotel and staff. Would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello dollmachine,

Thank you for posting a review here on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful mini-family reunion while you were visiting your brother. Our hot complimentary breakfast is definitely our most popular amenity and it's great to know you enjoyed a relaxing breakfast every morning by the pool. My staff and I strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

Take care and hope to see you soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Modesto, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I travel a lot on business so where I stay is important. This place has always been a great value and a great place to stay. A very friendly staff and a very good breakfast. It's the only place I stay in Oceanside.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Frank S.,

The team and I are honored to know that due to the exceptional service and amenities at our hotel, you have deemed us your go-to hotel when you travel to Oceanside for business. We appreciate the comments and look forward to having you stay with us for many more years to come.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I spent there 10 days. Very clean and quiet. Comfortable bed, new bathroom. Free wi-fi
Grounds well kept. Close to everything, great access to the hwy. I was traveling between San Diego and Los Angeles so great location, just in the middle. For sure I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ksienka,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed 10 day stay with us. Many of our guests choose to stay with us due to our great location between San Diego and LA and our close proximity to the I-5 freeway which allows for easy and convenient travel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Riverside, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The walls are paper thin and i was woken up by the sounds of my neighbors having sex at 3:22am. I called the front desk and they called the room next to me. The noise continued for another hours after that. Its made my stay the worst Ive ever had

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank Dameco L
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Dameco L,

Thank you very much for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to enjoy a good night's sleep due to the noise from your neighbor's room. As you noted in your review, after you called the Front Desk, my team member immediately called the room next to yours and gave the guests inside their first and final warning to be considerate of their fellow guests and to quiet down. I wish you had called the Front Desk just once more when the noise continued for several more hours; it is our policy that if a guests continues to be disruptive after we issue them them a warning, we immediately have them removed from the hotel.

Overland Park, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel was lovely with a great breakfast. We were not given a map of the hotel, so had to find our way around and it is big. We were not told that we would have to turn on the heat and it was 40 degrees outside. THe room was freezing and we had to figure out how to control the heat and the staff we called gave the wrong directions so it took almost an hour to get heat. The breakfast was great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Mary D,

I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. However, please know that your comments have been reviewed and that we will have already implemented measures that will improve the experience of all of our future guests. Thanks to your comments, we now have maps of our hotel available at the Front Desk and my staff has been retrained on how to provide instructions to operate the HVAC unit in the guest rooms.

Thank you for helping us make our hotel better!

Arcadia, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I can honestly tell you that I am not satisfy with my experience at the Best Western during this trip. The manager or the staff have to improve in a way either to satisfy the customer by giving them what they want or close to what they want for example they should give me a chair either a full or a folder chair. I don't think the room they gave me was an upgrade, I think he lie to me it was an upgrade. Why he put my family in between the rooms of the soccer team and they allow them to have party into the night without stopping them? The manager don't know how to stop them to have party or they do not bother to stop them either till I insist to have the noise stop or else I call the police. The management seems too lazy to take the action or they do not bother to stop the party or they do not know how to deal with the situation. I was totally sick of the situation during that night, I hope the Best Western management will look into this case and it will not happen again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Tony W
BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Tony W.,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your unsatisfactory stay. During the time of your stay, we had a high school soccer team staying with us who had traveled a long distance to participate in a local soccer tournament. After your initial phone call to the Front Desk, my team member called to the soccer players, their chaperones, and their Head Coach to request that they immediately quiet down - which they agreed to do. My Front Desk Agent then proceeded to walk the hallways several times to confirm that no one was partying.

I'm sorry that despite our best efforts, you are your family did not enjoy your stay with us due to the noise. Please consider emailing directly at management@bwofoceanside.com so that we can reach a satisfactory solution.

Doylestown, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel, although conveniently located, lacked curb appeal and quality. The staff were very pleaseant and courteous but the facade of the building and the decor were outdated. The rooms were oversized and the bed was quite comfortable enabling a quality sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWOceansideInn, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Timothy D,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your overall impression of our hotel. You kind words in regards to our "pleasant and courteous" staff is very much appreciated.

We did just complete a major renovation of our hotel which included an updated color scheme, new paint on the exterior of all of the buildings, and updated landscaping. However, we will continue research more ways to improve the curb appeal of our hotel. For example, since your stay with us, we have added new flowers and plants to give the hotel more color and vibrancy.

Please let me know what you think about these new improvement the next time you stay with us!

Guest Relations manager