“Like visiting with Friends :)”

Best Western Oceanside Inn
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
San Diego, California
“Like visiting with Friends :)”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

They have been making very nice renovations here. The service is always friendly. The rooms are always clean. The location is pretty much close to everything and anything you want or need. I have stayed in many hotels during my work travels and I always stay here when I am in the San Diego area.. Choose the Best Western Oceanside, the friendly staff will make you feel like your visiting with friends :D

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank kathytsla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Morrison, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff here was very friendly and helpful. When making reservations, this was only one of a handful that was a reasonable price for the time of travel and location. Fairly close to a highway but if you are from the city, you wouldn't even notice. Commuter train runs during the day but I've not noticed one at night (stayed 4 nights here). Hot breakfast is really good and the staff keeps it stocked constantly so you don't need to wait for more to be made to get food. Would recommend this hotel if you are visiting the beach, Legoland or any other locations close to Carlsbad!

Saskatoon
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the BEST WESTERN Oceanside Inn in Oceanside, California. The rates were excellent and the staff was terrific. The hotel was under gaining some renovations (new lamps, chairs, lobby furniture, painting and up-dating, etc.) which led to only minor inconveniences but will greatly enhance the hotel for all guests. The pool was lovely and even accessible for wheelchair visitors. The breakfasts was delicious, especially with fresh, hot make yourself waffles. However the best part was the staff that went out of their way to help us out with anything that we needed, from helping retrieve a lost water bottle lid to getting us extra towels for the beach; it was all great. There are so many amenities close by, a fresh grocery store and right across from the trailer park.

Room Tip: The A/C noise was minimal but the hotel does not offer two queen bed only doubles, which are fine fo...
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Best Western Oceanside is an excellent place to stay for convenience and location to the beach. Before heading out for the day, you can enjoy a good breakfast with all the trimmings. The hotel is close to the freeways, shopping malls, Outlet malls and local activities.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We needed a place to stay since we were attending a wedding in the Carlsbad area. We knew ahead of time that this Best Western hotel was being remodeled as it stated so on the Best Western website where I made our reservation. I appreciated the advance notice. There was painting being done on the interior walls of the hallways while we were there plus they were remodeling the lobby. Our room was on second floor. It was large and comfortable. Our room seemed to be clean. Lobby service was helpful and so was person overseeing breakfast in the dining room. The dining rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfast was good and plentiful. I was surprised to find some nails and staples on the ground in the parking lot near our parking space but thankfully my tires did not get punctured. I am sure this was related to the ongoing construction but I was not happy. I tossed the nails and staples into the nearby trash bin. Also I did notice noise from an adjoining room during the night and in the early morning and it seemed that the walls must be thin. We did have a nice little balcony with sliding glass door. However during the night I also did notice the sounds of the ice machine located outside on the 2nd floor stairwell area. The swimming pool temperature was cold but it was refreshing since the air was quite humid. I did not go in the spa but it looked very nice and others were enjoying it. There were some vending machines located near the pool. I did not get a chance to visit the gym. Our room was an interior 2nd floor room away from the freeway. The lobby also had some drinks available which I appreciated. I had some lemonade.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stay here a few times a month for business. My personal experience has been that I have always been welcomed with a smile even when getting to the BW quite late at night. The staff (especially including the manager and his daughter) really go out of their way to be friendly and make sure I have everything I need. I don't really understand the problems people have had with him other than he takes his job personally and seriously...I have never been bothered and have seen any reason to complain of others being loud. That is something I find personally a rarity with hotels that have a lot of kids which this one does. Everyone who works there seems to really give a damn about their jobs and the face they put forward.

The rooms I have stayed in are generally in very good condition compared to most other best westerns I stay at (61 nights to date this year in BW hotels and about 80 total). I haven't used the fitness room or the pool but my coworkers who have say they are nice. They are still finishing (as of 7/7/13) some renovations that include (finally!) flat-screens in the room and it has made a big improvement. The new hallways, updated rooms, and improvements on the lobby look really nice and speak to the interest of management in making it a nice place to stay. Maybe I am biased because I come here often but I really like this hotel. Oh, and I find the beds very comfortable.

I guess if you are expecting the four seasons maybe you can find a complaint but I generally pay under $90/night for this hotel which gets me a clean and comfortable room, a more than decent breakfast, and a smile from the staff. I have no complaints, none.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel is just fine now, but with a few little quirks. I anticipate some of that will go away when the remodel is complete. First --our room was very comfortable with good beds. Breakfast was nice- fairly typical for many Best Westerns. One thing that clearly needs to be fixed from the safety perspective is the electrical in their new food room. It could not handle the amperage draw of all the waffle makers, toasters, refrigerators, etc at one time and seemed to trip the circuit breaker. But the food was good. The location was very good, fairly close to the beach and right across the street from a great food store. It's very easy to buy things there and bring them back to your room and microwave (if needed).

The front desk was helpful. I got a room on the quiet side of the hotel ... not the freeway side. A leak in the sink drain was fixed quickly, though you wonder how a drain leak could have gone undetected. The swimming pool was a little chilly with some major landscaping work underway. The hot tub was perfect.

So overall, a nice place and likely to get better. It was priced right.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the freeway side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family